Bonser throws 95 mph in relief appearance
|06.06.10 at 12:00 pm ET|
BALTIMORE — Red Sox pitching Boof Bonser‘s fastball registered at 95 mph in his inning of relief on Saturday night with Triple-A Pawtucket, according to manager Terry Francona. The relief outing was the first by Bonser in his 30-day rehab assignment, which concluded on Saturday with his perfect inning (2 groundouts and a lineout).
“He threw the ball really well,” said Francona. “[His velocity] played up for that inning, which we expected.”
Bonser has been returned to the Red Sox from his rehab assignment. There is no official date by which he must be activated from the disabled list, but it would appear likely that the Sox will activate him in the coming days. Bonser has a 6.34 ERA in nine rehab games with Triple-A Pawtucket this year, but he allowed just one run in his final three appearances, spanning 14 innings.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox Will Not Fill GM Position After Mike Hazen's Hiring by...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- FallWinter League Roundup: Dominican League begins, Haley solid
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins