Bonser throws 95 mph in relief appearance
|06.06.10 at 12:00 pm ET|
BALTIMORE — Red Sox pitching Boof Bonser‘s fastball registered at 95 mph in his inning of relief on Saturday night with Triple-A Pawtucket, according to manager Terry Francona. The relief outing was the first by Bonser in his 30-day rehab assignment, which concluded on Saturday with his perfect inning (2 groundouts and a lineout).
“He threw the ball really well,” said Francona. “[His velocity] played up for that inning, which we expected.”
Bonser has been returned to the Red Sox from his rehab assignment. There is no official date by which he must be activated from the disabled list, but it would appear likely that the Sox will activate him in the coming days. Bonser has a 6.34 ERA in nine rehab games with Triple-A Pawtucket this year, but he allowed just one run in his final three appearances, spanning 14 innings.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- MLB Reportedly 'Looking Into' Ortiz's Comments for Tampering
- Red Sox Pay Heavy, but Necessary Price to Go for It with Pomeranz
- Moncada Primed to Make Phenom-Loaded Red Sox Even Richer
- Craig Kimbrel Injury Updates on Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Latest on Brad Ziegler to Red Sox
- Brewers Trade INF Aaron Hill to Red Sox
- Bradley, Betts, and Bogaerts Give MLB a New-Age 'Killer B's'
- Podcast Ep. #103: Yes Devers loves me, the homers tell me so
- Weekly notes: Benintendi moves to left field
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects four hits, Kemp blasts two homers
- Cup of Coffee: Marrero and Devers homer, Dalbec debuts
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts in left, Basabe stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Boyd spins gem, Hill stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Mendoza leads DSL 1 in lone affiliate victory
- Scouting Scratch: Tate Matheny and Kyri Washington
- Cup of Coffee: Kent dominates, Devers scores game-winner
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada homers twice, Kopech strikes out nine