Matsuzaka put on the D.L; Atchison gets start
|06.12.10 at 4:23 pm ET|
Just minutes before the Red Sox game with the Phillies Saturday afternoon it was announced by the team that Daisuke Matsuzaka had been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a right forearm strain. Scott Atchison got the emergency start for the Red Sox, who also recalled lefty pitcher Dustin Richardson. It is Atchison’s first start in the major leagues. Matsuzaka was in the Red Sox bullpen prior to the game, seemingly warming up for the start.
The hurler did have to postpone his side session Wednesday after throwing up during his long toss, pushing his session to Thursday. It is the second time this season Matsuzaka has been on the disabled list, where he began the season with back and neck issues. Check the Red Sox team page for more information.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Garin Cecchini and Yoan Aybar
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Kevin McAvoy and Bryce Brentz
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Travis leads way as Scottsdale wins AFL title
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Travis Lakins and Jalen Beeks
- Light, Jerez, and Hernandez added to 40-man roster
- Light, Hernandez top list of potential Friday roster additions
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Christopher Acosta and Ben Taylor
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Austin Glorius and Jordan Procyshen
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Travis blasts walk-off home run
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Chandler Shepherd and Kyle Martin