Doesn’t look like DL for Drew
|06.20.10 at 6:25 pm ET|
Red Sox manager Terry Francona said he is hopeful that J.D. Drew will return from a mild hamstring strain on Tuesday night at Coors Field in Colorado, adding he doesn’t believe the right fielder is headed for the disabled list.
“I hope Tuesday’s realistic,” Francona said before Sunday’s game. “If it’s not, we won’t do it. I think it’s probably realistic to think it might work, that he might play. The good news is that I don’t think anybody remotely thinks it’s a DL. Stay away from him tonight, get day off [Monday] and see how he’s doing. It’s a big outfield in Denver. If he’s healthy to play, he’ll play, if not we’ll make the adjustment like we always do.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo
- Red Sox deal Anthony Ranaudo to Rangers for Robbie Ross Jr.
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Perth heads to the playoffs
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings
- Red Sox acquire Danny Rosenbaum from Nationals for Dan Butler