Doesn’t look like DL for Drew
|06.20.10 at 6:25 pm ET|
Red Sox manager Terry Francona said he is hopeful that J.D. Drew will return from a mild hamstring strain on Tuesday night at Coors Field in Colorado, adding he doesn’t believe the right fielder is headed for the disabled list.
“I hope Tuesday’s realistic,” Francona said before Sunday’s game. “If it’s not, we won’t do it. I think it’s probably realistic to think it might work, that he might play. The good news is that I don’t think anybody remotely thinks it’s a DL. Stay away from him tonight, get day off [Monday] and see how he’s doing. It’s a big outfield in Denver. If he’s healthy to play, he’ll play, if not we’ll make the adjustment like we always do.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Scouting Scratch: Yoan Moncada
- Owens reassigned to minors in latest roster cuts; Boggs released
- The Write-Up: More reports from Fort Myers
- Karsten Whitson close to his old self in Red Sox system
- 2015 Spring Training Reports
- With injury behind him, Longhi honing selective approach this spring
- Podcast Ep. 71: Spring Training Reports!
- Scouting Scratch: Trey Ball
- Fort Report: SoxProspects crew arrives in Fort Myers
- The Write-Up: More from the Fort