Doesn’t look like DL for Drew
|06.20.10 at 6:25 pm ET|
Red Sox manager Terry Francona said he is hopeful that J.D. Drew will return from a mild hamstring strain on Tuesday night at Coors Field in Colorado, adding he doesn’t believe the right fielder is headed for the disabled list.
“I hope Tuesday’s realistic,” Francona said before Sunday’s game. “If it’s not, we won’t do it. I think it’s probably realistic to think it might work, that he might play. The good news is that I don’t think anybody remotely thinks it’s a DL. Stay away from him tonight, get day off [Monday] and see how he’s doing. It’s a big outfield in Denver. If he’s healthy to play, he’ll play, if not we’ll make the adjustment like we always do.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Fort Report: Moncada Madness
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando