Lowell expected to go on DL
|06.24.10 at 12:42 pm ET|
Red Sox corner infielder Mike Lowell is expected to be placed on the 15-day disabled list (right hip) prior to tonight’s game against the Colorado Rockies. The move would clear a roster spot for pitcher Daisuke Matsuzaka, who is scheduled to start in Denver on Thursday night. Prior to his game-ending, pinch-hitting appearance on Tuesday night, Lowell had not appeared in a game in nine days.
Lowell is hitting .213 this year with a .308 OBP, .350 slugging mark and .658 OPS. Since May 16, he is 2-for-27 (.074) and has made just six starts.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- 2015 Spring Training Reports
- Dubon taking journey from Honduras to the majors one stop at a time
- The Write-Up: Clay Buchholz
- Fort Report: Cuts, injuries and positional battles
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 1: Catchers
- With new delivery honed, Haley looks to build on breakout season
- Scouting Scratch: Yoan Moncada
- Owens reassigned to minors in latest roster cuts; Boggs released
- The Write-Up: More reports from Fort Myers
- Karsten Whitson close to his old self in Red Sox system