Lowell expected to go on DL
|06.24.10 at 12:42 pm ET|
Red Sox corner infielder Mike Lowell is expected to be placed on the 15-day disabled list (right hip) prior to tonight’s game against the Colorado Rockies. The move would clear a roster spot for pitcher Daisuke Matsuzaka, who is scheduled to start in Denver on Thursday night. Prior to his game-ending, pinch-hitting appearance on Tuesday night, Lowell had not appeared in a game in nine days.
Lowell is hitting .213 this year with a .308 OBP, .350 slugging mark and .658 OPS. Since May 16, he is 2-for-27 (.074) and has made just six starts.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo