Lowell expected to go on DL
|06.24.10 at 12:42 pm ET|
Red Sox corner infielder Mike Lowell is expected to be placed on the 15-day disabled list (right hip) prior to tonight’s game against the Colorado Rockies. The move would clear a roster spot for pitcher Daisuke Matsuzaka, who is scheduled to start in Denver on Thursday night. Prior to his game-ending, pinch-hitting appearance on Tuesday night, Lowell had not appeared in a game in nine days.
Lowell is hitting .213 this year with a .308 OBP, .350 slugging mark and .658 OPS. Since May 16, he is 2-for-27 (.074) and has made just six starts.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Weekly Notes: Blake Swihart's hot start; Rusney Castillo on the mend
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas struggles with command, Barnes bounces back
- Cup of Coffee: Swihart leads PawSox hit parade, Rodriguez earns first win
- Cup of Coffee: Ball stymies Mudcats, Brentz leads Pawtucket past Rochester
- Swihart learning to catch the knuckler in Pawtucket
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 7: Low Minors Pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Brentz walks off for PawSox home opener
- Cup of Coffee: Jackie Bradley Jr. continues hot start, Pawtucket falls in doubleheader
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 6: Mid-Minors Pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Margot, Longhi, and Cecchini provide the power