Source: Varitek out 4-6 weeks with broken foot
|07.01.10 at 11:40 pm ET|
According to a major league source, Red Sox catcher Jason Varitek has suffered a broken foot and will be out 4-6 weeks. WBZ-TV’s Dan Roche was first to report the injury. The news comes shortly after it was learned the Red Sox had re-acquired catcher Kevin Cash in a trade with Houston in exchange for infielder Angel Sanchez. Starting catcher Victor Martinez is already on the 15-day disabled list after suffering a fractured thumb on his left hand. For more see the Red Sox team page by going to weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Christian Vazquez
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #67: Reserved at the Reserve List Deadline
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday
- Kukuk arrested, charged with aggravated robbery
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Allen Webster
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Brandon Workman
- Alex Hassan claimed off waivers by Oakland
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: AFL winds down, Vazquez makes debut
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Jackie Bradley, Jr.