Source: Varitek out 4-6 weeks with broken foot
|07.01.10 at 11:40 pm ET|
According to a major league source, Red Sox catcher Jason Varitek has suffered a broken foot and will be out 4-6 weeks. WBZ-TV’s Dan Roche was first to report the injury. The news comes shortly after it was learned the Red Sox had re-acquired catcher Kevin Cash in a trade with Houston in exchange for infielder Angel Sanchez. Starting catcher Victor Martinez is already on the 15-day disabled list after suffering a fractured thumb on his left hand. For more see the Red Sox team page by going to weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo