Source: Varitek out 4-6 weeks with broken foot
|07.01.10 at 11:40 pm ET|
According to a major league source, Red Sox catcher Jason Varitek has suffered a broken foot and will be out 4-6 weeks. WBZ-TV’s Dan Roche was first to report the injury. The news comes shortly after it was learned the Red Sox had re-acquired catcher Kevin Cash in a trade with Houston in exchange for infielder Angel Sanchez. Starting catcher Victor Martinez is already on the 15-day disabled list after suffering a fractured thumb on his left hand. For more see the Red Sox team page by going to weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Ep. #113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players
- Podcast Ep. #112: If He Dies, He Dies
- Fort Report: Benintendi to bat third in Boston?