Source: Varitek out 4-6 weeks with broken foot
|07.01.10 at 11:40 pm ET|
According to a major league source, Red Sox catcher Jason Varitek has suffered a broken foot and will be out 4-6 weeks. WBZ-TV’s Dan Roche was first to report the injury. The news comes shortly after it was learned the Red Sox had re-acquired catcher Kevin Cash in a trade with Houston in exchange for infielder Angel Sanchez. Starting catcher Victor Martinez is already on the 15-day disabled list after suffering a fractured thumb on his left hand. For more see the Red Sox team page by going to weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Concerned Should Red Sox Be over Price's Roller-Coaster 2016?
- Latest Updates on Chris Young's Hamstring Injury
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- 2016 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Jerez and Romanski selected to Eastern League All-Star Game
- Cup of Coffee: Castillo powers PawSox
- Chris Marrero, Sean O'Sullivan selected to Int'l League All-Star Team
- Scouting Scratch: Josh Pennington, Darwinzon Hernandez and Gerson Bautista
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi celebrates Futures Game selection with four-hit night
- Moncada and Benintendi named to Futures Game
- Cup of Coffee: Wilkerson strikes out eight to make his case
- Podcast Ep. #100: Your regularly scheduled June programming
- Red Sox promote Miller, option Cuevas