Molina returns to Pawtucket
|07.20.10 at 5:28 pm ET|
Catcher Gustavo Molina, who was designated for assignment by the Red Sox on Sunday, has cleared waivers and will return to Triple A Pawtucket with the PawSox in the midst of a four-game series with the Toledo Mud Hens.
Molina, 28, went 1-for-7 in the four games he appeared in for the Red Sox. He was called up on June 29 due to the injuries of catchers Victor Martinez and Jason Varitek, but with the team carrying three catchers on Sunday (Dusty Brown, Kevin Cash), a backstop was expendable when the team called up pitcher Michael Bowden.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Updating the scouting reports - stage two complete
- Fort Report: Moncada Madness
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster