Molina returns to Pawtucket
|07.20.10 at 5:28 pm ET|
Catcher Gustavo Molina, who was designated for assignment by the Red Sox on Sunday, has cleared waivers and will return to Triple A Pawtucket with the PawSox in the midst of a four-game series with the Toledo Mud Hens.
Molina, 28, went 1-for-7 in the four games he appeared in for the Red Sox. He was called up on June 29 due to the injuries of catchers Victor Martinez and Jason Varitek, but with the team carrying three catchers on Sunday (Dusty Brown, Kevin Cash), a backstop was expendable when the team called up pitcher Michael Bowden.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Scouting Scratch: Young Arms
- 2015 Spring Training Reports
- Dubon taking journey from Honduras to the majors one stop at a time
- The Write-Up: Clay Buchholz
- Fort Report: Cuts, injuries and positional battles
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 1: Catchers
- With new delivery honed, Haley looks to build on breakout season
- Scouting Scratch: Yoan Moncada
- Owens reassigned to minors in latest roster cuts; Boggs released
- The Write-Up: More reports from Fort Myers