Molina returns to Pawtucket
|07.20.10 at 5:28 pm ET|
Catcher Gustavo Molina, who was designated for assignment by the Red Sox on Sunday, has cleared waivers and will return to Triple A Pawtucket with the PawSox in the midst of a four-game series with the Toledo Mud Hens.
Molina, 28, went 1-for-7 in the four games he appeared in for the Red Sox. He was called up on June 29 due to the injuries of catchers Victor Martinez and Jason Varitek, but with the team carrying three catchers on Sunday (Dusty Brown, Kevin Cash), a backstop was expendable when the team called up pitcher Michael Bowden.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo
- Red Sox deal Anthony Ranaudo to Rangers for Robbie Ross Jr.
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Perth heads to the playoffs
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings