|Source: Padres not pursuing Lowrie||07.29.10 at 6:04 pm ET|
According to a major league source, the Padres “kicked the tires” regarding the availability of Red Sox infielder Jed Lowrie, but San Diego will not pursue him as a solution for their depleted infield. Lowrie has played in six games since returning from the disabled list with mono, hitting .250/.318/.400/.718 with 3 RBI in six games.
Multiple reports suggest that the Padres have acquired Miguel Tejada from the Orioles as a replacement for injured middle infielder David Eckstein.
- Red Sox recall Iglesias, Aceves; place Victorino, Middlebrooks on DL
- Cup of Coffee: Morales sharp in rehab outing as Sea Dogs roll
- Red Sox ink veteran lefty Rafael Perez to minor league deal
- Cup of Coffee: Vazquez nearly hits for cycle in Portland’s walk-off win
- Players of the Week, May 13-19: Mookie Betts and Matt Price
- Cup of Coffee: Montas strikes out eight in Greenville loss
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #34
- ESPNBoston: De La Rosa finding his way in Pawtucket
- Cup of Coffee: Bradley, Holt shine in PawSox loss
- Xander Bogaerts, Portland to headline Futures at Fenway