Ellsbury will play at least one more rehab game
|08.02.10 at 1:19 pm ET|
According to a baseball source, Red Sox outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury is getting very close to activation, but it will be at least a couple more days before he rejoins the Red Sox roster. He will play at least one more rehab game with Triple-A Pawtucket on Tuesday and then the Red Sox will re-evaluate him. Ellsbury went 2-for-5 on Sunday, and is now 4-for-9 in two games for the PawSox after going 2-for-8 in three rehab games in the Gulf Coast League. He has played just nine games for the Red Sox this year while recovering from five non-displaced rib fractures.
Also, while Michael Bowden (who was optioned to Pawtucket on July 23) is eligible to return to the majors on Tuesday, the Red Sox have yet to make a determination about when they will bring back the right-hander from Pawtucket. Bowden is 2-0 with a 2.79 ERA in seven relief appearances for the PawSox, but he has struggled in his last two outings, allowing three runs on six hits and two walks in 2 1/3 innings. He did not allow an earned run in three relief appearances (spanning 2 1/3 innings) in the majors for the Red Sox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Sam Travis
- Cup of Coffee: GCL opens season, Washington, Moncada mash
- Scouting Scratch: Kevin Steen, Enmanuel De Jesus and more Lowell pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Beeks, Dubon debut at Double-A, Lowell wins again
- Sources: Mauricio Dubon promoted to Portland
- Scouting Scratch: Michael Kopech
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada stays hot in Portland; Lowell improves to 6-0
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada makes Double-A debut; Owens dominates for PawSox
- Cup of Coffee: Holt doubles twice in first rehab appearance
- Weekly Notes: Moncada promoted, Kopech debuts, and Salem claims Southern Division first-half title