Ellsbury will play at least one more rehab game
|08.02.10 at 1:19 pm ET|
According to a baseball source, Red Sox outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury is getting very close to activation, but it will be at least a couple more days before he rejoins the Red Sox roster. He will play at least one more rehab game with Triple-A Pawtucket on Tuesday and then the Red Sox will re-evaluate him. Ellsbury went 2-for-5 on Sunday, and is now 4-for-9 in two games for the PawSox after going 2-for-8 in three rehab games in the Gulf Coast League. He has played just nine games for the Red Sox this year while recovering from five non-displaced rib fractures.
Also, while Michael Bowden (who was optioned to Pawtucket on July 23) is eligible to return to the majors on Tuesday, the Red Sox have yet to make a determination about when they will bring back the right-hander from Pawtucket. Bowden is 2-0 with a 2.79 ERA in seven relief appearances for the PawSox, but he has struggled in his last two outings, allowing three runs on six hits and two walks in 2 1/3 innings. He did not allow an earned run in three relief appearances (spanning 2 1/3 innings) in the majors for the Red Sox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Betts Has Real Chance of Crashing AL MVP Party
- MLB Betting Preview: Red Sox vs. Orioles Odds, Analysis
- David Ortiz Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Foot
- Can Benintendi Be Pennant Race Difference-Maker?
- Updates on Red Sox Star Hanley Ramirez's Injury
- Andrew Benintendi Recalled from Double-a
- Fernando Abad to Red Sox
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects five hits, Chatham belts two homers
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon comes up clutch, Dalbec stays hot for Lowell
- Scouting Scratch: Mike Shawaryn and Shaun Anderson
- Cup of Coffee: LaMarre powers Pawtucket, Kopech whiffs 10
- After draft slide, Shawaryn regaining peak form in Lowell
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada shows off power and defense as he eyes the big leagues
- 2014 First-rounder Michael Chavis promoted to High A Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Jason Groome era begins with two scoreless innings
- Weekly Notes: Groome debuts, Kopech and Dalbec stay hot
- Cup of Coffee: Salem wins 10th straight, Hill, Tubbs carry Lowell