Ellsbury will play at least one more rehab game
|08.02.10 at 1:19 pm ET|
According to a baseball source, Red Sox outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury is getting very close to activation, but it will be at least a couple more days before he rejoins the Red Sox roster. He will play at least one more rehab game with Triple-A Pawtucket on Tuesday and then the Red Sox will re-evaluate him. Ellsbury went 2-for-5 on Sunday, and is now 4-for-9 in two games for the PawSox after going 2-for-8 in three rehab games in the Gulf Coast League. He has played just nine games for the Red Sox this year while recovering from five non-displaced rib fractures.
Also, while Michael Bowden (who was optioned to Pawtucket on July 23) is eligible to return to the majors on Tuesday, the Red Sox have yet to make a determination about when they will bring back the right-hander from Pawtucket. Bowden is 2-0 with a 2.79 ERA in seven relief appearances for the PawSox, but he has struggled in his last two outings, allowing three runs on six hits and two walks in 2 1/3 innings. He did not allow an earned run in three relief appearances (spanning 2 1/3 innings) in the majors for the Red Sox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo
- Red Sox deal Anthony Ranaudo to Rangers for Robbie Ross Jr.
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Perth heads to the playoffs
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings