Lowell still likely to retire after 2010
|08.22.10 at 8:01 pm ET|
After the Red Sox‘ 5-0 win on Sunday, Mike Lowell was asked about whether anything had changed about his expectation that the 2010 season will be his last (a prospect that he first suggested in April). Lowell suggested that he still anticipated this season as his final one.
“I’m pretty much set in knowing what I’m going to do after this year,” said Lowell. “It will be fun. It will be fun enjoying my kids.”
Lowell went 1-for-3 on Sunday, and is now hitting .229 with a .685 OPS on the season. He has become an everyday contributor since the season-ending injury to Kevin Youkilis, hitting .250 with two homers, seven runs batted in and a .720 OPS in August.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Top 40 in Review: Deven Marrero and Trey Ball
- Help Wanted: Writers
- Top 40 in Review: Michael Kopech and Sean Coyle
- Top 40 in Review: Wendell Rijo and Edwin Escobar
- Top 40 Season in Review: Travis Shaw and Sam Travis
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Marrero dominates in AFL
- Top 40 in Review: Nick Longhi and Teddy Stankiewicz
- Top 40 in Review: Heath Hembree and Steven Wright
- Top 40 Season in Review: Javier Guerra and Henry Ramos
- Top 40 in Review: Simon Mercedes and Carlos Asuaje