Lowell still likely to retire after 2010
|08.22.10 at 8:01 pm ET|
After the Red Sox‘ 5-0 win on Sunday, Mike Lowell was asked about whether anything had changed about his expectation that the 2010 season will be his last (a prospect that he first suggested in April). Lowell suggested that he still anticipated this season as his final one.
“I’m pretty much set in knowing what I’m going to do after this year,” said Lowell. “It will be fun. It will be fun enjoying my kids.”
Lowell went 1-for-3 on Sunday, and is now hitting .229 with a .685 OPS on the season. He has become an everyday contributor since the season-ending injury to Kevin Youkilis, hitting .250 with two homers, seven runs batted in and a .720 OPS in August.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Top 40 Season in Review: Bryce Brentz and Christopher Acosta
- Top 40 Season in Review: Justin Haley and Jake Cosart
- Top 40 Season in Review: Drake Britton and Dalier Hinojosa
- Top 40 Season in Review: Cody Kukuk and Jamie Callahan
- Top 40 Season in Review: Dan Butler and Mauricio Dubon
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Coyle impress early
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two
- Weekly Notes: Arizona Fall League and Fall Instructs start up
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One