Images from Oldtime Baseball Game
|08.27.10 at 7:15 am ET|
Here are some photos from the 17th annual Oldtime Baseball Game, held Thursday night at St. Peter’s Field in Cambridge. The game raised money this year for the Marley Jay Cherella Memorial Fund, which helps support research for sudden infant death syndrome. The game also honored the memory of former Northeastern University standout and Red Sox minor leaguer Greg Montalbano, with former Huskies outfielder Todd Korchin receiving the inaugural Greg Montalbano Alumni Award. Montalbano died of cancer last year. Also taking part in the event were former major leaguers Johnny Pesky, Lou Merloni, Len Merullo, Bill Monbouquette and Mike Pagliarulo.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- Cup of Coffee: Ball great again, Benintendi stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, O'Sullivan impress on the mound
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Sam Travis
- Cup of Coffee: GCL opens season, Washington, Moncada mash
- Scouting Scratch: Kevin Steen, Enmanuel De Jesus and more Lowell pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Beeks, Dubon debut at Double-A, Lowell wins again
- Sources: Mauricio Dubon promoted to Portland
- Scouting Scratch: Michael Kopech
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada stays hot in Portland; Lowell improves to 6-0
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada makes Double-A debut; Owens dominates for PawSox