Josh Beckett says back wasn’t an issue in season’s final months
|09.30.10 at 12:02 am ET|
CHICAGO — Speaking after the Red Sox‘ 5-2 loss to the White Sox, Josh Beckett said that the back injury he had been sidelined with for almost two months wasn’t a factor since he returned to the team’s rotation on July 23. The pitcher finished off his 2010 season with a six-inning outing, in which he allowed four runs on 11 hits, giving up three runs in the seventh inning.
“The back has been pretty good,” said Beckett, whose ends ’10 at 6-6 with a 5.78 ERA.
“A lot of things are based on results. People say results don’t really matter, but results matter. When it’s all said and done, that’s what you have.”
Since returning from the disabled list, Beckett went 5-5 with a 4.94 ERA. In the season’s final month, he made five starts, going 2-2 with a 4.50 ERA while pitching at least six innings in each of the outings. Asked if he was hoping to build off of the final few appearances, and was looking forward to next season, the righty said, “I haven’t really thought about it. If I let things snowball like that, this year could have been longer and tougher than it was.
“I’m not going to worry about it. It is what it is. I know who I am. Move on.”
For more Red Sox coverage, see the team page at weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- David Price Allowed 5 ER in 3.1 IP and Is Now 0-8 in Career Postseason...
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller