Josh Beckett says back wasn’t an issue in season’s final months
|09.30.10 at 12:02 am ET|
CHICAGO — Speaking after the Red Sox‘ 5-2 loss to the White Sox, Josh Beckett said that the back injury he had been sidelined with for almost two months wasn’t a factor since he returned to the team’s rotation on July 23. The pitcher finished off his 2010 season with a six-inning outing, in which he allowed four runs on 11 hits, giving up three runs in the seventh inning.
“The back has been pretty good,” said Beckett, whose ends ’10 at 6-6 with a 5.78 ERA.
“A lot of things are based on results. People say results don’t really matter, but results matter. When it’s all said and done, that’s what you have.”
Since returning from the disabled list, Beckett went 5-5 with a 4.94 ERA. In the season’s final month, he made five starts, going 2-2 with a 4.50 ERA while pitching at least six innings in each of the outings. Asked if he was hoping to build off of the final few appearances, and was looking forward to next season, the righty said, “I haven’t really thought about it. If I let things snowball like that, this year could have been longer and tougher than it was.
“I’m not going to worry about it. It is what it is. I know who I am. Move on.”
For more Red Sox coverage, see the team page at weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What Chris Sale Can Learn from David Price's Letdown Red Sox Debut Season
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Key Questions That Need Answering in Spring Training
- Boston Red Sox: 4 Last-Minute Moves They Should Consider
- David Ortiz's No. 34 to Be Retired by Red Sox: Details and Reaction
- Boston Red Sox: Ranking the Top 10 Prospects Ahead of Spring Training
- Red Sox Spring Training 2017 Preview: Predictions, Players to Watch and...
- Fall/Winter Roundup: Castillo and Puerto Rico capture Caribbean Series title
- Former top 20 prospect Acosta returns to camp with Red Sox in DR
- January Notes: Devers invited to camp; Benintendi gets press
- Fall/Winter Roundup: Castillo leads Caguas to PR championship
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez impress in PR finals
- Scouting Report Update: Groome, Shawaryn lead first Lowell updates
- Scouting Report Updates: GCL updates from Fall Instructs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez meet in PR finals
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Leon debuts, Elias strikes out seven
- SoxProspects.com's Top Posts of 2016