Josh Beckett says back wasn’t an issue in season’s final months
|09.30.10 at 12:02 am ET|
CHICAGO — Speaking after the Red Sox‘ 5-2 loss to the White Sox, Josh Beckett said that the back injury he had been sidelined with for almost two months wasn’t a factor since he returned to the team’s rotation on July 23. The pitcher finished off his 2010 season with a six-inning outing, in which he allowed four runs on 11 hits, giving up three runs in the seventh inning.
“The back has been pretty good,” said Beckett, whose ends ’10 at 6-6 with a 5.78 ERA.
“A lot of things are based on results. People say results don’t really matter, but results matter. When it’s all said and done, that’s what you have.”
Since returning from the disabled list, Beckett went 5-5 with a 4.94 ERA. In the season’s final month, he made five starts, going 2-2 with a 4.50 ERA while pitching at least six innings in each of the outings. Asked if he was hoping to build off of the final few appearances, and was looking forward to next season, the righty said, “I haven’t really thought about it. If I let things snowball like that, this year could have been longer and tougher than it was.
“I’m not going to worry about it. It is what it is. I know who I am. Move on.”
For more Red Sox coverage, see the team page at weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Scouting Scratch: Yoan Moncada
- Owens reassigned to minors in latest roster cuts; Boggs released
- The Write-Up: More reports from Fort Myers
- Karsten Whitson close to his old self in Red Sox system
- 2015 Spring Training Reports
- With injury behind him, Longhi honing selective approach this spring
- Podcast Ep. 71: Spring Training Reports!
- Scouting Scratch: Trey Ball
- Fort Report: SoxProspects crew arrives in Fort Myers
- The Write-Up: More from the Fort