Red Sox coaches John Farrell, DeMarlo Hale finalists for Blue Jays job
|10.20.10 at 1:14 pm ET|
According to industry sources, both Red Sox bench coach DeMarlo Hale and pitching coach John Farrell are among the three finalists in line for the Blue Jays’ managerial position. According to a source, the other candidate is former major league catcher Sandy Alomar Jr., who has most recently served as the first-base coach for the Cleveland Indians. Farrell first talked to the Jays in the week immediately following the regular season, while Hale met with Toronto the following week. Hale has experience managing in the minor leagues, while neither Farrell or Alomar Jr. have held any managerial jobs. Toronto is expected to finalize its search by next week.
CSNNE.com first reported the list of finalists. For more Red Sox coverage, see the team page at weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Help Wanted: Database Coordinator
- January Notes: Red Sox extend contract with Greenville
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Champions crowned as play concludes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Championship series underway
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Blake Swihart
- Help Wanted: Writers, Editors
- Red Sox bring back Dan Butler on minor league deal
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Eduardo Rodriguez
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramos and Castillo combine for 16 hits
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Henry Owens