Red Sox coaches John Farrell, DeMarlo Hale finalists for Blue Jays job
|10.20.10 at 1:14 pm ET|
According to industry sources, both Red Sox bench coach DeMarlo Hale and pitching coach John Farrell are among the three finalists in line for the Blue Jays’ managerial position. According to a source, the other candidate is former major league catcher Sandy Alomar Jr., who has most recently served as the first-base coach for the Cleveland Indians. Farrell first talked to the Jays in the week immediately following the regular season, while Hale met with Toronto the following week. Hale has experience managing in the minor leagues, while neither Farrell or Alomar Jr. have held any managerial jobs. Toronto is expected to finalize its search by next week.
CSNNE.com first reported the list of finalists. For more Red Sox coverage, see the team page at weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- SoxProspects Staff Announcement: Promotions and new hires!
- Hanley Ramirez: A former top prospect returns
- Ryan Lavarnway designated for assignment as Sandoval signs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez shines in Puerto Rico
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Xander Bogaerts
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Mookie Betts
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Christian Vazquez
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #67: Reserved at the Reserve List Deadline
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday