Red Sox coaches John Farrell, DeMarlo Hale finalists for Blue Jays job
|10.20.10 at 1:14 pm ET|
According to industry sources, both Red Sox bench coach DeMarlo Hale and pitching coach John Farrell are among the three finalists in line for the Blue Jays’ managerial position. According to a source, the other candidate is former major league catcher Sandy Alomar Jr., who has most recently served as the first-base coach for the Cleveland Indians. Farrell first talked to the Jays in the week immediately following the regular season, while Hale met with Toronto the following week. Hale has experience managing in the minor leagues, while neither Farrell or Alomar Jr. have held any managerial jobs. Toronto is expected to finalize its search by next week.
CSNNE.com first reported the list of finalists. For more Red Sox coverage, see the team page at weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Aaron Kurcz dealt to Atlanta for Anthony Varvaro
- Offseason Notes: Trades, signings, and awards
- Marco Hernandez received from Cubs to complete Doubront trade
- Podcast Ep. 69: Hot Stove on High
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo/Vazquez headline action in Puerto Rico
- Trade analysis: Scouting the players in the Wade Miley deal
- Sox acquire Zeke Spruill for Myles Smith in second D-Backs trade
- Justin Masterson: An unlikely All-Star reunites with the Red Sox
- Trade analysis: Scouting the prospects dealt for Porcello
- Astros select Jason Garcia in Rule 5 draft, trade him to Orioles