There’s a fourth finalist for the Blue Jays’ job: Brian Butterfield
|10.21.10 at 8:44 am ET|
According to an industry source, Blue Jays’ third base coach Brian Butterfield is one of the four finalists for the Toronto managerial opening. Butterfield, 52, a native of Maine who still lives in the state, has also served as the Jays’ bench coach during his nine-season tenure with the Jays. He has managerial experience in the minor leagues in the Yankees‘ organization.
Others identified as finalists for the Jays’ job (which was held by Cito Gaston for the past 2 1/2 seasons) are Red Sox bench coach DeMarlo Hale, Sox pitching coach John Farrell, and Sandy Alomar Jr., the Indians’ first-base coach. Neither Butterfield or representatives from the Blue Jays’ organization were available for comment.
For more Red Sox coverage, see the team page at weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- David Price Allowed 5 ER in 3.1 IP and Is Now 0-8 in Career Postseason...
- FallWinter League Roundup: Dominican League begins, Haley solid
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins