Red Sox decide to pick up $12.5 million option on David Ortiz
|11.04.10 at 1:33 pm ET|
The Red Sox have announced they will pick up David Ortiz‘ $12.5 million option for 2011, along with the option for Scott Atchison, while declining the options on Bill Hall and Felipe Lopez. Ortiz told WEEI.com last week that he preferred to sign a multi-year deal, and would be “uncomfortable” with playing under a one-year deal for ’12. The 34-year-old hit .270 with 32 home runs and 102 RBI in ’10.
For more Red Sox coverage, see the team page at weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Help Wanted: Database Coordinator
- January Notes: Red Sox extend contract with Greenville
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Champions crowned as play concludes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Championship series underway
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Blake Swihart
- Help Wanted: Writers, Editors
- Red Sox bring back Dan Butler on minor league deal
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Eduardo Rodriguez
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramos and Castillo combine for 16 hits
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Henry Owens