Red Sox decide to pick up $12.5 million option on David Ortiz
|11.04.10 at 1:33 pm ET|
The Red Sox have announced they will pick up David Ortiz‘ $12.5 million option for 2011, along with the option for Scott Atchison, while declining the options on Bill Hall and Felipe Lopez. Ortiz told WEEI.com last week that he preferred to sign a multi-year deal, and would be “uncomfortable” with playing under a one-year deal for ’12. The 34-year-old hit .270 with 32 home runs and 102 RBI in ’10.
For more Red Sox coverage, see the team page at weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- November Notes: Prospect rankings and new CBA
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez belts walk-off home run
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Devers, Hernandez stand out in Dominican winter league
- Podcast Ep. #109: Alex Speier on Ranking the System
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez debuts, Tavarez, Mars stay hot
- Podcast Ep. #108: 2016 Rankings Special
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Kopech continues to dominate
- October Notes: Fall ball and front office changes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada sidelined by thumb sprain
- Help Wanted: Web Editors & Social Media Specialists