Red Sox trade for Brent Dlugach for a player to be named later or cash
|11.04.10 at 2:04 pm ET|
The Red Sox have traded for infielder Brent Dlugach from the Detroit Tigers for a player to be named later or cash. The 27-year-old shortstop played the entire 2010 at Triple A Toledo, hitting .258 with 12 stolen bases, six homers and a .303 on-base percentage.
A sixth-round pick of the Tigers out of the University of Memphis, Dlugach’s only major league experience came in 2009 games when he played in five games for the Tigers.
He missed the majority of the ’07 and ’08 seasons with a shoulder injury, suffering a torn labrum while diving for a ground ball.
For more Red Sox news, see the team page at weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Top 40 in Review: Deven Marrero and Trey Ball
- Help Wanted: Writers
- Top 40 in Review: Michael Kopech and Sean Coyle
- Top 40 in Review: Wendell Rijo and Edwin Escobar
- Top 40 Season in Review: Travis Shaw and Sam Travis
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Marrero dominates in AFL
- Top 40 in Review: Nick Longhi and Teddy Stankiewicz
- Top 40 in Review: Heath Hembree and Steven Wright
- Top 40 Season in Review: Javier Guerra and Henry Ramos
- Top 40 in Review: Simon Mercedes and Carlos Asuaje