Red Sox trade for Brent Dlugach for a player to be named later or cash
|11.04.10 at 2:04 pm ET|
The Red Sox have traded for infielder Brent Dlugach from the Detroit Tigers for a player to be named later or cash. The 27-year-old shortstop played the entire 2010 at Triple A Toledo, hitting .258 with 12 stolen bases, six homers and a .303 on-base percentage.
A sixth-round pick of the Tigers out of the University of Memphis, Dlugach’s only major league experience came in 2009 games when he played in five games for the Tigers.
He missed the majority of the ’07 and ’08 seasons with a shoulder injury, suffering a torn labrum while diving for a ground ball.
For more Red Sox news, see the team page at weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Help Wanted: Database Coordinator
- January Notes: Red Sox extend contract with Greenville
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Champions crowned as play concludes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Championship series underway
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Blake Swihart
- Help Wanted: Writers, Editors
- Red Sox bring back Dan Butler on minor league deal
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Eduardo Rodriguez
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramos and Castillo combine for 16 hits
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Henry Owens