Source: DeMarlo Hale to interview with the Mets
|11.07.10 at 8:41 pm ET|
The 49-year-old Hale was recently one of the four finalists for the Toronto Blue Jays managerial opening, which ultimately went to former Red Sox pitching coach John Farrell. Hale, who has been with the Red Sox since 2006, has not held a major league managing job, having last managed with the Rangers’ Triple-A team in Oklahoma in 2001.
Hale was named the minor league manager of the year in 1999 after leading the Trenton Thunder to a record of 92-50. CSNNE was first to report the news of Hale’s scheduled interview with the Mets. For more Red Sox coverage, see the team page at weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- MLB Reportedly 'Looking Into' Ortiz's Comments for Tampering
- Red Sox Pay Heavy, but Necessary Price to Go for It with Pomeranz
- Moncada Primed to Make Phenom-Loaded Red Sox Even Richer
- Craig Kimbrel Injury Updates on Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Latest on Brad Ziegler to Red Sox
- Brewers Trade INF Aaron Hill to Red Sox
- Bradley, Betts, and Bogaerts Give MLB a New-Age 'Killer B's'
- Scouting Scratch: Henry Owens
- Cup of Coffee: Chris Marrero, pitching help PawSox clip Red Wings
- Cup of Coffee: Sermo homers three times; Basabe keeps streaking
- Scouting Scratch: Luis Alexander Basabe and Michael Chavis
- Cup of Coffee: Procyshen homers, Benintendi triples in victories
- Podcast Ep. #103: Yes Devers loves me, the homers tell me so
- Weekly notes: Benintendi moves to left field
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects four hits, Kemp blasts two homers
- Cup of Coffee: Marrero and Devers homer, Dalbec debuts
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts in left, Basabe stays hot