Source: DeMarlo Hale to interview with the Mets
|11.07.10 at 8:41 pm ET|
The 49-year-old Hale was recently one of the four finalists for the Toronto Blue Jays managerial opening, which ultimately went to former Red Sox pitching coach John Farrell. Hale, who has been with the Red Sox since 2006, has not held a major league managing job, having last managed with the Rangers’ Triple-A team in Oklahoma in 2001.
Hale was named the minor league manager of the year in 1999 after leading the Trenton Thunder to a record of 92-50. CSNNE was first to report the news of Hale’s scheduled interview with the Mets. For more Red Sox coverage, see the team page at weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Leon debuts, Elias strikes out seven
- SoxProspects.com's Top Posts of 2016
- December Notes: Sox deal key prospects for Sale, Thornburg
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Rodriguez tweaks knee, Castillo rakes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramirez debuts, Vazquez homers
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Abad debuts, Hernandez goes deep again
- Scouting Updates: Mata leads group of DSL player page updates
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Eduardo Rodriguez debuts in Venezuela
- Trade Analysis: Scouting the prospects dealt for Tyler Thornburg
- Trade Analysis: Scouting the pitching prospects dealt for Chris Sale