Source: DeMarlo Hale to interview with the Mets
|11.07.10 at 8:41 pm ET|
The 49-year-old Hale was recently one of the four finalists for the Toronto Blue Jays managerial opening, which ultimately went to former Red Sox pitching coach John Farrell. Hale, who has been with the Red Sox since 2006, has not held a major league managing job, having last managed with the Rangers’ Triple-A team in Oklahoma in 2001.
Hale was named the minor league manager of the year in 1999 after leading the Trenton Thunder to a record of 92-50. CSNNE was first to report the news of Hale’s scheduled interview with the Mets. For more Red Sox coverage, see the team page at weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando
- Trade Analysis: Scouting Anthony Ranaudo
- Red Sox deal Anthony Ranaudo to Rangers for Robbie Ross Jr.
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Perth heads to the playoffs
- Rookie Dev Program notes: Ramos healthy, Swihart looks back
- Mookie Betts is prepared for whatever 2015 may bring
- Brian Johnson prepared to follow up stellar 2014 campaign
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Weeks helps Mayaguez advance to finals
- Rookie Development Program easing transition for young players
- Offseason Notes: Veterans Bianchi, Boggs highlight minor league signings