Report: Victor Martinez headed to Tigers
|11.23.10 at 10:34 am ET|
According to a report from Venezuelan reporter Ignacio Serrano Tuesday morning, Red Sox free agent Victor Martinez was close to signing a four-year, $50 million deal with the Tigers. Detroit reportedly outbid the Red Sox, Orioles and White Sox for the catcher’s services. A major league source confirmed to WEEI.com that the Red Sox came to the realization Monday night that Martinez likely was headed to Detroit.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday
- Kukuk arrested, charged with aggravated robbery
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Allen Webster
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Brandon Workman
- Alex Hassan claimed off waivers by Oakland
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: AFL winds down, Vazquez makes debut
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Jackie Bradley, Jr.
- Red Sox name Mike Rikard Director of Amateur Scouting
- Top 40 in Review: Blake Swihart