Report: Victor Martinez headed to Tigers
|11.23.10 at 10:34 am ET|
According to a report from Venezuelan reporter Ignacio Serrano Tuesday morning, Red Sox free agent Victor Martinez was close to signing a four-year, $50 million deal with the Tigers. Detroit reportedly outbid the Red Sox, Orioles and White Sox for the catcher’s services. A major league source confirmed to WEEI.com that the Red Sox came to the realization Monday night that Martinez likely was headed to Detroit.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Podcast Ep. 84: Mailbag extravaganza!
- Cup of Coffee: Longhi, Watkins power Greenville playoff push
- Cup of Coffee: Drive step closer to playoffs behind Drehoff, Moncada
- Cup of Coffee: Season comes to an end for DSL Red Sox
- Cup of Coffee: DSL Sox drop playoff opener; Espinoza dominates
- Weekly Notes: Greenville lineup turning heads
- Cup of Coffee: McGrath lights-out, Sea Dogs' bats back Wilkerson
- Cup of Coffee: Perez helps GCL Red Sox clinch division
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi remains hot, Hernandez impressive for DSL Sox
- Podcast Ep. 83: Interview Special with Michael Chavis and Nick Longhi