Red Sox announce spring training schedule
|11.30.10 at 2:41 pm ET|
Their spring play will begin with games against Boston College and Northeastern University on Saturday, Feb. 26. The Grapefruit League schedule will begin with a game against the Twins at Hammond Stadium on Feb. 27. The two teams will play the following day at City of Palms Park, with the Mayor’s Cup rivals playing five games total against one another throughout the spring.
The Yankees will play two games against the Sox, the first of which will be played on March 4. The Red Sox will play four games against the Rays and Orioles and will play two vs. the Blue Jays.
The Sox will play the Mets on St. Patrick’s Day at 1:05 p.m. Tickets for spring training games will go on sale on Saturday, Jan. 8. The team has sold out every Grapefruit League game at City of Palms Park since March 16, 2003.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- David Ortiz Discusses Retirement from Baseball, Time with Red Sox
- Jackie Bradley Jr. Is Now a Red Sox Star
- Big Papi Cementing His Legend with a Bang
- Ortiz Passes Banks, Mathews for 22nd Place on MLB's HR List
- Red Sox's High-Octane Offense Fueling Rise Back to Prominence
- Red Sox Score Double-Digit Runs for 4th Consecutive Game
- Red Sox 1st Team Since 1999 to Score 13+ Runs in 3 Straight
- Cup of Coffee: Almonte throws six no-hit innings
- Cup of Coffee: Owens, others struggle on mound
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza dominates in mid-week matinee
- Cup of Coffee: Rodriguez fires seven strong innings in rehab start
- Cup of Coffee: Raudes strikes out eight over six scoreless frames
- Weekly Notes: Rodriguez to start tomorrow for Pawtucket
- Cup of Coffee: Ball shines again for Salem
- The Write-Up: Eduardo Rodriguez
- Cup of Coffee: Kemp homers twice, Light hits 101
- Cup of Coffee: Moore comes through in the clutch for Salem