Red Sox announce spring training schedule
|11.30.10 at 2:41 pm ET|
Their spring play will begin with games against Boston College and Northeastern University on Saturday, Feb. 26. The Grapefruit League schedule will begin with a game against the Twins at Hammond Stadium on Feb. 27. The two teams will play the following day at City of Palms Park, with the Mayor’s Cup rivals playing five games total against one another throughout the spring.
The Yankees will play two games against the Sox, the first of which will be played on March 4. The Red Sox will play four games against the Rays and Orioles and will play two vs. the Blue Jays.
The Sox will play the Mets on St. Patrick’s Day at 1:05 p.m. Tickets for spring training games will go on sale on Saturday, Jan. 8. The team has sold out every Grapefruit League game at City of Palms Park since March 16, 2003.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Weekly Notes: Big league season comes to an end
- The Write-Up: Logan Allen, Travis Lakins, William Cuevas and Yankory Pimentel
- Weekly Notes: Season end awards & front office changes
- SoxProspects.com 2015 season-end award winners
- Travis, Moncada highlight Red Sox minor league awards
- Podcast Ep. 86: Season in Review, Pt. 1
- Weekly Notes: Moncada to play winter ball in Puerto Rico
- 2015 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Weekly Notes: Front office moves, Fall Instructs rosters announced
- Podcast Ep. 85: Final Notes from the Field, Sept. Rankings, Wendell Rijo