Red Sox announce spring training schedule
|11.30.10 at 2:41 pm ET|
Their spring play will begin with games against Boston College and Northeastern University on Saturday, Feb. 26. The Grapefruit League schedule will begin with a game against the Twins at Hammond Stadium on Feb. 27. The two teams will play the following day at City of Palms Park, with the Mayor’s Cup rivals playing five games total against one another throughout the spring.
The Yankees will play two games against the Sox, the first of which will be played on March 4. The Red Sox will play four games against the Rays and Orioles and will play two vs. the Blue Jays.
The Sox will play the Mets on St. Patrick’s Day at 1:05 p.m. Tickets for spring training games will go on sale on Saturday, Jan. 8. The team has sold out every Grapefruit League game at City of Palms Park since March 16, 2003.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Notes from the Field: Spruill, Marrero, Hernandez in Allentown
- Cup of Coffee: Reign delay for the GCL Red Sox
- Sam Travis highlights six announced for Arizona Fall League
- Moncada's big year nets him multiple South Atlantic League honors
- Cup of Coffee: Perez leads GCL Sox to walk-off win in finals opener
- Weekly Notes: Greenville makes playoff push, GCL Sox reach finals
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, De Jesus pitch Sox into GCL finals
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi powers Greenville to victory
- Cup of Coffee: Callahan helps move Greenville into wild card lead
- Podcast Ep. 84: Mailbag extravaganza!