Red Sox announce spring training schedule
|11.30.10 at 2:41 pm ET|
The Red Sox announced their spring training schedule on Tuesday. Seventeen of the 36 games will be played at City of Palms Park.
Their spring play will begin with games against Boston College and Northeastern University on Saturday, Feb. 26. The Grapefruit League schedule will begin with a game against the Twins at Hammond Stadium on Feb. 27. The two teams will play the following day at City of Palms Park, with the Mayor’s Cup rivals playing five games total against one another throughout the spring.
The Yankees will play two games against the Sox, the first of which will be played on March 4. The Red Sox will play four games against the Rays and Orioles and will play two vs. the Blue Jays.
The Sox will play the Mets on St. Patrick’s Day at 1:05 p.m. Tickets for spring training games will go on sale on Saturday, Jan. 8. The team has sold out every Grapefruit League game at City of Palms Park since March 16, 2003.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Players of the Week, 7/14-20: Michael Almanzar & Trey Ball
- Cup of Coffee: Acosta scores four in GCL Sox sweep
- Weekly Notes: Betts returns to Pawtucket, Owens wins ninth straight
- 2014 Draft recap: Sox sign 31 players, with impact potential at the top
- Cup of Coffee: Ranaudo, Johnson impress, Stankiewicz fans nine
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #61: Wild Turkeys, July 2, and the Draft
- Cup of Coffee: Owens stays strong; Ball delivers best yet
- Cup of Coffee: Steven Wright leads Pawtucket; Meyers powers Lowell
- Cup of Coffee: Hassan stays hot; Victorino looks strong in rehab
- Cup of Coffee: Heller and Martinez lead Salem; Travis powers Lowell