Red Sox announce spring training schedule
|11.30.10 at 2:41 pm ET|
Their spring play will begin with games against Boston College and Northeastern University on Saturday, Feb. 26. The Grapefruit League schedule will begin with a game against the Twins at Hammond Stadium on Feb. 27. The two teams will play the following day at City of Palms Park, with the Mayor’s Cup rivals playing five games total against one another throughout the spring.
The Yankees will play two games against the Sox, the first of which will be played on March 4. The Red Sox will play four games against the Rays and Orioles and will play two vs. the Blue Jays.
The Sox will play the Mets on St. Patrick’s Day at 1:05 p.m. Tickets for spring training games will go on sale on Saturday, Jan. 8. The team has sold out every Grapefruit League game at City of Palms Park since March 16, 2003.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Cup of Coffee: Moore, Miller provide heroics as Drive win in 14
- Cup of Coffee: Rodriguez tosses complete game, Kopech stymies Asheville
- Cup of Coffee: McCarthy pitches Portland past Thunder
- Cup of Coffee: Gunkel perfect in relief, Miller walks off for Greenville
- Cup of Coffee: Dahlstrand cruises again in Salem's win
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson tosses complete game shutout
- Cup of Coffee: Chavis homers in 10th inning to lead Drive
- Weekly Notes: Blake Swihart's hot start; Rusney Castillo on the mend
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas struggles with command, Barnes bounces back
- Cup of Coffee: Swihart leads PawSox hit parade, Rodriguez earns first win