Red Sox announce spring training schedule
|11.30.10 at 2:41 pm ET|
Their spring play will begin with games against Boston College and Northeastern University on Saturday, Feb. 26. The Grapefruit League schedule will begin with a game against the Twins at Hammond Stadium on Feb. 27. The two teams will play the following day at City of Palms Park, with the Mayor’s Cup rivals playing five games total against one another throughout the spring.
The Yankees will play two games against the Sox, the first of which will be played on March 4. The Red Sox will play four games against the Rays and Orioles and will play two vs. the Blue Jays.
The Sox will play the Mets on St. Patrick’s Day at 1:05 p.m. Tickets for spring training games will go on sale on Saturday, Jan. 8. The team has sold out every Grapefruit League game at City of Palms Park since March 16, 2003.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Help Wanted: Database Coordinator
- January Notes: Red Sox extend contract with Greenville
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Champions crowned as play concludes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Championship series underway
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Blake Swihart
- Help Wanted: Writers, Editors
- Red Sox bring back Dan Butler on minor league deal
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Eduardo Rodriguez
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramos and Castillo combine for 16 hits
- 2015 Graduates in Review: Henry Owens