Red Sox announce spring training schedule
|11.30.10 at 2:41 pm ET|
Their spring play will begin with games against Boston College and Northeastern University on Saturday, Feb. 26. The Grapefruit League schedule will begin with a game against the Twins at Hammond Stadium on Feb. 27. The two teams will play the following day at City of Palms Park, with the Mayor’s Cup rivals playing five games total against one another throughout the spring.
The Yankees will play two games against the Sox, the first of which will be played on March 4. The Red Sox will play four games against the Rays and Orioles and will play two vs. the Blue Jays.
The Sox will play the Mets on St. Patrick’s Day at 1:05 p.m. Tickets for spring training games will go on sale on Saturday, Jan. 8. The team has sold out every Grapefruit League game at City of Palms Park since March 16, 2003.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Write-Up: Benintendi, Basabe and more from Lowell
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi has three hits in return to Lowell lineup
- Weekly Notes: Sox quiet at deadline, Owens called up
- Scouting Scratch: Greenville Arms Part 1
- Kevin Steen promoted to Lowell
- Cup of Coffee: Yoan Moncada and Tim Roberson have big days in Portland slugfest
- Owens to be called up, will debut in Yankee Stadium
- Cup of Coffee: Ockimey powers Lowell, Hernandez leads PawSox comeback
- Cup of Coffee: McAvoy tosses Salem past Nationals
- Cup of Coffee: Chavis shines in national TV spotlight