Red Sox announce spring training schedule
|11.30.10 at 2:41 pm ET|
Their spring play will begin with games against Boston College and Northeastern University on Saturday, Feb. 26. The Grapefruit League schedule will begin with a game against the Twins at Hammond Stadium on Feb. 27. The two teams will play the following day at City of Palms Park, with the Mayor’s Cup rivals playing five games total against one another throughout the spring.
The Yankees will play two games against the Sox, the first of which will be played on March 4. The Red Sox will play four games against the Rays and Orioles and will play two vs. the Blue Jays.
The Sox will play the Mets on St. Patrick’s Day at 1:05 p.m. Tickets for spring training games will go on sale on Saturday, Jan. 8. The team has sold out every Grapefruit League game at City of Palms Park since March 16, 2003.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Shaw Becoming Star After Being Thrown in Spotlight by Sandoval Benching
- Ortiz, Red Sox Look Headed for 1 More Exciting Run
- Updates on Xander Bogaerts' Wrist and Return
- Latest Updates on Joe Kelly's Injury
- Even Price Can't Stop Red Sox Rotation Giving Bad Feeling of Deja Vu
- Sandoval's Ex-Trainer Says He Has Eating Problem
- Ortiz Closing in on Top 25 in Career Home Runs
- April Players of the Month: Andrew Benintendi and Teddy Stankiewicz
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada hits grand slam to lead Salem sweep
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Nick Longhi
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas and Maxwell lead the PawSox
- Podcast Ep. 95: One month in, start it up again
- Weekly Notes: Rodriguez, Smith begin rehab assignments
- Cup of Coffee: Rijo breaks out, rain washes Salem and Greenville
- Cup of Coffee: Haley, Lakins continue strong starts
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi continues surge, Smith rehabs
- Cup of Coffee: E-Rod rehabs, Ball debuts, Benintendi big again