Red Sox announce spring training schedule
|11.30.10 at 2:41 pm ET|
Their spring play will begin with games against Boston College and Northeastern University on Saturday, Feb. 26. The Grapefruit League schedule will begin with a game against the Twins at Hammond Stadium on Feb. 27. The two teams will play the following day at City of Palms Park, with the Mayor’s Cup rivals playing five games total against one another throughout the spring.
The Yankees will play two games against the Sox, the first of which will be played on March 4. The Red Sox will play four games against the Rays and Orioles and will play two vs. the Blue Jays.
The Sox will play the Mets on St. Patrick’s Day at 1:05 p.m. Tickets for spring training games will go on sale on Saturday, Jan. 8. The team has sold out every Grapefruit League game at City of Palms Park since March 16, 2003.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Betts Has Real Chance of Crashing AL MVP Party
- MLB Betting Preview: Red Sox vs. Orioles Odds, Analysis
- David Ortiz Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Foot
- Can Benintendi Be Pennant Race Difference-Maker?
- Updates on Red Sox Star Hanley Ramirez's Injury
- Andrew Benintendi Recalled from Double-a
- Fernando Abad to Red Sox
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects five hits, Chatham belts two homers
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon comes up clutch, Dalbec stays hot for Lowell
- Scouting Scratch: Mike Shawaryn and Shaun Anderson
- Cup of Coffee: LaMarre powers Pawtucket, Kopech whiffs 10
- After draft slide, Shawaryn regaining peak form in Lowell
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada shows off power and defense as he eyes the big leagues
- 2014 First-rounder Michael Chavis promoted to High A Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Jason Groome era begins with two scoreless innings
- Weekly Notes: Groome debuts, Kopech and Dalbec stay hot
- Cup of Coffee: Salem wins 10th straight, Hill, Tubbs carry Lowell