Red Sox announce spring training schedule
|11.30.10 at 2:41 pm ET|
The Red Sox announced their spring training schedule on Tuesday. Seventeen of the 36 games will be played at City of Palms Park.
Their spring play will begin with games against Boston College and Northeastern University on Saturday, Feb. 26. The Grapefruit League schedule will begin with a game against the Twins at Hammond Stadium on Feb. 27. The two teams will play the following day at City of Palms Park, with the Mayor’s Cup rivals playing five games total against one another throughout the spring.
The Yankees will play two games against the Sox, the first of which will be played on March 4. The Red Sox will play four games against the Rays and Orioles and will play two vs. the Blue Jays.
The Sox will play the Mets on St. Patrick’s Day at 1:05 p.m. Tickets for spring training games will go on sale on Saturday, Jan. 8. The team has sold out every Grapefruit League game at City of Palms Park since March 16, 2003.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Felix Doubront reportedly traded to Cubs
- Cup of Coffee: Owens lifts Portland, Guzman's big day not enough for Greenville
- Justin Haley promoted to Portland; Jonathan Aro moved up to Salem
- Players of the Week, 7/21-27: Brian Johnson & Travis Shaw
- Cup of Coffee: Rain can't dampen Augliera, Swihart
- Weekly Notes: Trade deadline approaches
- Cup of Coffee: Light continues to shine, Portland mounts a comeback
- Red Sox acquire two pitching prospects in Peavy trade
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket pushes streak to 11 games
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson strikes out 12 in win, Betts leads PawSox in route