Red Sox announce spring training schedule
|11.30.10 at 2:41 pm ET|
Their spring play will begin with games against Boston College and Northeastern University on Saturday, Feb. 26. The Grapefruit League schedule will begin with a game against the Twins at Hammond Stadium on Feb. 27. The two teams will play the following day at City of Palms Park, with the Mayor’s Cup rivals playing five games total against one another throughout the spring.
The Yankees will play two games against the Sox, the first of which will be played on March 4. The Red Sox will play four games against the Rays and Orioles and will play two vs. the Blue Jays.
The Sox will play the Mets on St. Patrick’s Day at 1:05 p.m. Tickets for spring training games will go on sale on Saturday, Jan. 8. The team has sold out every Grapefruit League game at City of Palms Park since March 16, 2003.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- MLB Reportedly 'Looking Into' Ortiz's Comments for Tampering
- Red Sox Pay Heavy, but Necessary Price to Go for It with Pomeranz
- Moncada Primed to Make Phenom-Loaded Red Sox Even Richer
- Craig Kimbrel Injury Updates on Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Latest on Brad Ziegler to Red Sox
- Brewers Trade INF Aaron Hill to Red Sox
- Bradley, Betts, and Bogaerts Give MLB a New-Age 'Killer B's'
- Scouting Scratch: Henry Owens
- Cup of Coffee: Chris Marrero, pitching help PawSox clip Red Wings
- Cup of Coffee: Sermo homers three times; Basabe keeps streaking
- Scouting Scratch: Luis Alexander Basabe and Michael Chavis
- Cup of Coffee: Procyshen homers, Benintendi triples in victories
- Podcast Ep. #103: Yes Devers loves me, the homers tell me so
- Weekly notes: Benintendi moves to left field
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects four hits, Kemp blasts two homers
- Cup of Coffee: Marrero and Devers homer, Dalbec debuts
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts in left, Basabe stays hot