Cliff Lee’s agent says regarding the Red Sox’ interest, ‘We’ve talked’
|12.06.10 at 2:10 pm ET|
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Darek Braunecker, the agent for free agent pitcher Cliff Lee, said he has discussed his client with the Red Sox, although he wouldn’t offer any sort of timetable as to when the two sides had communicated. “We’ve talked, that’s all I can say,” Braunecker told WEEI.com.
Braunecker also told a group of reporters that he is in the process of setting up meetings with respective clubs. It is believed the Rangers and Yankees remain the front-runners for the services of the lefty ace. “It’s good to be Cliff Lee,” he said.
Also in the lobby was former Red Sox reliever Joe Nelson, who said he is done pitching but was looking forward to meeting with teams regarding possible future front office employment.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Chris Sale Says Cutting White Sox Jerseys with Knife Was Mistake
- Boston Red Sox: Non-Roster Invitees with Best Shot to Make 25-Man Roster
- Red Sox Broadcaster Jerry Remy Diagnosed with Lung Cancer Relapse
- What Chris Sale Can Learn from David Price's Letdown Red Sox Debut Season
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Key Questions That Need Answering in Spring Training
- Boston Red Sox: 4 Last-Minute Moves They Should Consider
- David Ortiz's No. 34 to Be Retired by Red Sox: Details and Reaction
- Fort Report: Rankings, returns, & reporting to camp
- Fall/Winter Roundup: Castillo and Puerto Rico capture Caribbean Series title
- Former top 20 prospect Acosta returns to camp with Red Sox in DR
- January Notes: Devers invited to camp; Benintendi gets press
- Fall/Winter Roundup: Castillo leads Caguas to PR championship
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez impress in PR finals
- Scouting Report Update: Groome, Shawaryn lead first Lowell updates
- Scouting Report Updates: GCL updates from Fall Instructs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez meet in PR finals
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Leon debuts, Elias strikes out seven