Cliff Lee’s agent says regarding the Red Sox’ interest, ‘We’ve talked’
|12.06.10 at 2:10 pm ET|
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Darek Braunecker, the agent for free agent pitcher Cliff Lee, said he has discussed his client with the Red Sox, although he wouldn’t offer any sort of timetable as to when the two sides had communicated. “We’ve talked, that’s all I can say,” Braunecker told WEEI.com.
Braunecker also told a group of reporters that he is in the process of setting up meetings with respective clubs. It is believed the Rangers and Yankees remain the front-runners for the services of the lefty ace. “It’s good to be Cliff Lee,” he said.
Also in the lobby was former Red Sox reliever Joe Nelson, who said he is done pitching but was looking forward to meeting with teams regarding possible future front office employment.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- Scouting Scratch: Kevin Steen, Enmanuel De Jesus and more Lowell pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Beeks, Dubon debut at Double-A, Lowell wins again
- Sources: Mauricio Dubon promoted to Portland
- Scouting Scratch: Michael Kopech
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada stays hot in Portland; Lowell improves to 6-0
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada makes Double-A debut; Owens dominates for PawSox
- Cup of Coffee: Holt doubles twice in first rehab appearance
- Weekly Notes: Moncada promoted, Kopech debuts, and Salem claims Southern Division first-half title
- Cup of Coffee: Affiliates sweep, Moncada homers before promotion
- Moncada, Beeks, Taylor promoted to Portland