Cliff Lee’s agent says regarding the Red Sox’ interest, ‘We’ve talked’
|12.06.10 at 2:10 pm ET|
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Darek Braunecker, the agent for free agent pitcher Cliff Lee, said he has discussed his client with the Red Sox, although he wouldn’t offer any sort of timetable as to when the two sides had communicated. “We’ve talked, that’s all I can say,” Braunecker told WEEI.com.
Braunecker also told a group of reporters that he is in the process of setting up meetings with respective clubs. It is believed the Rangers and Yankees remain the front-runners for the services of the lefty ace. “It’s good to be Cliff Lee,” he said.
Also in the lobby was former Red Sox reliever Joe Nelson, who said he is done pitching but was looking forward to meeting with teams regarding possible future front office employment.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Scouting Scratch: Luis Ysla, Victor Diaz and Gerson Bautista
- Weekly Notes: Big league season comes to an end
- The Write-Up: Logan Allen, Travis Lakins, William Cuevas and Yankory Pimentel
- Weekly Notes: Season end awards & front office changes
- SoxProspects.com 2015 season-end award winners
- Travis, Moncada highlight Red Sox minor league awards
- Podcast Ep. 86: Season in Review, Pt. 1
- Weekly Notes: Moncada to play winter ball in Puerto Rico
- 2015 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Weekly Notes: Front office moves, Fall Instructs rosters announced