Yankees never made offer to Crawford
|12.09.10 at 12:32 am ET|
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — According to a source familiar with the discussions, the Yankees never made an offer to free agent outfielder Carl Crawford before he reached his stunning seven-year, $142 million deal with the Red Sox. The Angels were viewed by the industry as the front-runner for Crawford’s services, but one source suggested that the Halos had only gone to $108 million, though it was not clear what the term of that offer was.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Callahan helps move Greenville into wild card lead
- Podcast Ep. 84: Mailbag extravaganza!
- Cup of Coffee: Longhi, Watkins power Greenville playoff push
- Cup of Coffee: Drive step closer to playoffs behind Drehoff, Moncada
- Cup of Coffee: Season comes to an end for DSL Red Sox
- Cup of Coffee: DSL Sox drop playoff opener; Espinoza dominates
- Weekly Notes: Greenville lineup turning heads
- Cup of Coffee: McGrath lights-out, Sea Dogs' bats back Wilkerson
- Cup of Coffee: Perez helps GCL Red Sox clinch division
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi remains hot, Hernandez impressive for DSL Sox