Sources: Nothing done in regard to Red Sox acquiring Joe Blanton
|12.14.10 at 8:53 am ET|
SI.com previously reported the Red Sox had a deal in place to acquire starting pitcher Blanton from the Phillies. Earlier Tuesday, FoxSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal reported Phillies ‘were deep in discussions’ about sending pitcher Blanton to the Red Sox.
The 30-year-old Blanton has two years remaining on his current contract, which would pay him $8.5 million in both 2011 and ‘12. The righty went 9-6 with a 4.82 ERA in 29 appearances for the Phillies in ‘10, while finishing with a 12-8 mark with a 4.05 ERA in ‘09. Blanton did go 6-1 with a 3.48 ERA after the ‘10 All-Star Game.
For more Red Sox coverage, see the team page at weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Aaron Kurcz dealt to Atlanta for Anthony Varvaro
- Offseason Notes: Trades, signings, and awards
- Marco Hernandez received from Cubs to complete Doubront trade
- Podcast Ep. 69: Hot Stove on High
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo/Vazquez headline action in Puerto Rico
- Trade analysis: Scouting the players in the Wade Miley deal
- Sox acquire Zeke Spruill for Myles Smith in second D-Backs trade
- Justin Masterson: An unlikely All-Star reunites with the Red Sox
- Trade analysis: Scouting the prospects dealt for Porcello
- Astros select Jason Garcia in Rule 5 draft, trade him to Orioles