Sources: Nothing done in regard to Red Sox acquiring Joe Blanton
|12.14.10 at 8:53 am ET|
SI.com previously reported the Red Sox had a deal in place to acquire starting pitcher Blanton from the Phillies. Earlier Tuesday, FoxSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal reported Phillies ‘were deep in discussions’ about sending pitcher Blanton to the Red Sox.
The 30-year-old Blanton has two years remaining on his current contract, which would pay him $8.5 million in both 2011 and ‘12. The righty went 9-6 with a 4.82 ERA in 29 appearances for the Phillies in ‘10, while finishing with a 12-8 mark with a 4.05 ERA in ‘09. Blanton did go 6-1 with a 3.48 ERA after the ‘10 All-Star Game.
For more Red Sox coverage, see the team page at weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- David Price Allowed 5 ER in 3.1 IP and Is Now 0-8 in Career Postseason...
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller