Sources: Nothing done in regard to Red Sox acquiring Joe Blanton
|12.14.10 at 8:53 am ET|
SI.com previously reported the Red Sox had a deal in place to acquire starting pitcher Blanton from the Phillies. Earlier Tuesday, FoxSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal reported Phillies ‘were deep in discussions’ about sending pitcher Blanton to the Red Sox.
The 30-year-old Blanton has two years remaining on his current contract, which would pay him $8.5 million in both 2011 and ‘12. The righty went 9-6 with a 4.82 ERA in 29 appearances for the Phillies in ‘10, while finishing with a 12-8 mark with a 4.05 ERA in ‘09. Blanton did go 6-1 with a 3.48 ERA after the ‘10 All-Star Game.
For more Red Sox coverage, see the team page at weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Scouting Report Updates: GCL updates from Fall Instructs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez meet in PR finals
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Leon debuts, Elias strikes out seven
- SoxProspects.com's Top Posts of 2016
- December Notes: Sox deal key prospects for Sale, Thornburg
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Rodriguez tweaks knee, Castillo rakes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramirez debuts, Vazquez homers
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Abad debuts, Hernandez goes deep again
- Scouting Updates: Mata leads group of DSL player page updates
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Eduardo Rodriguez debuts in Venezuela