Sources: Nothing done in regard to Red Sox acquiring Joe Blanton
|12.14.10 at 8:53 am ET|
SI.com previously reported the Red Sox had a deal in place to acquire starting pitcher Blanton from the Phillies. Earlier Tuesday, FoxSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal reported Phillies ‘were deep in discussions’ about sending pitcher Blanton to the Red Sox.
The 30-year-old Blanton has two years remaining on his current contract, which would pay him $8.5 million in both 2011 and ‘12. The righty went 9-6 with a 4.82 ERA in 29 appearances for the Phillies in ‘10, while finishing with a 12-8 mark with a 4.05 ERA in ‘09. Blanton did go 6-1 with a 3.48 ERA after the ‘10 All-Star Game.
For more Red Sox coverage, see the team page at weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Garin Cecchini and Yoan Aybar
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Kevin McAvoy and Bryce Brentz
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Travis leads way as Scottsdale wins AFL title
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Travis Lakins and Jalen Beeks
- Light, Jerez, and Hernandez added to 40-man roster
- Light, Hernandez top list of potential Friday roster additions
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Christopher Acosta and Ben Taylor
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Austin Glorius and Jordan Procyshen
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Travis blasts walk-off home run
- 2015 Top 40 Season in Review: Chandler Shepherd and Kyle Martin