Source: Red Sox close to bringing back Hideki Okajima
|12.31.10 at 3:56 pm ET|
According to a baseball source, the Red Sox are close to bringing back Hideki Okajima on a one-year deal. The 35-year-old Okajima, who has been with the Red Sox since 2007, was non-tendered by the team in Nov. He went 4-4 with a 4.50 ERA in 56 games last season.
The agreement would be for a major-league deal, meaning the Sox would have to make a corresponding roster move to clear a spot on the 40-man roster for the lefty.
The Boston Globe was first to report the development. For more Red Sox coverage, see the team page at weei.com/redsox.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- November Notes: Prospect rankings and new CBA
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez belts walk-off home run
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Devers, Hernandez stand out in Dominican winter league
- Podcast Ep. #109: Alex Speier on Ranking the System
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez debuts, Tavarez, Mars stay hot
- Podcast Ep. #108: 2016 Rankings Special
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Kopech continues to dominate
- October Notes: Fall ball and front office changes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada sidelined by thumb sprain
- Help Wanted: Web Editors & Social Media Specialists