The Bradford Cam is back: A peek at Saltalamacchia, Westmoreland and Matsuzaka
|02.10.11 at 3:57 pm ET|
FORT MYERS, Fla. — Wanted to offer some sights and … well, just sights of spring training’s early moments.
A sure sign that ‘Camp Tuck’ is around the corner is the image of Tuck carrying around the wooden stool he first uncovered during the Sox’ 2008 trip to Japan. The contraption is a better option than what many other teams use for catching drills: milk crates.
Daisuke Matsuzka made his first appearances of the year, going out and doing some light tossing before his workout. Like Josh Beckett and John Lackey (who said he lost about 15 pounds), Matsuzaka looks to be in good shape. Said Red Sox general manager Theo Epstein regarding the righty pitcher: “The results look good. His body looks improved compared to this time last year. He’s leaner and little bit stronger.”
Also, here a little sample of how Ryan Westmoreland is coming along, integrating a love of his — soccer — in his rehab work. (He was a Rhode Island All-State soccer player while at Portsmouth High.)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Ryan Lavarnway designated for assignment as Sandoval signs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez shines in Puerto Rico
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Xander Bogaerts
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Mookie Betts
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Christian Vazquez
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #67: Reserved at the Reserve List Deadline
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday
- Kukuk arrested, charged with aggravated robbery
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Allen Webster