The Bradford Cam is back: A peek at Saltalamacchia, Westmoreland and Matsuzaka
|02.10.11 at 3:57 pm ET|
FORT MYERS, Fla. — Wanted to offer some sights and … well, just sights of spring training’s early moments.
A sure sign that ‘Camp Tuck’ is around the corner is the image of Tuck carrying around the wooden stool he first uncovered during the Sox’ 2008 trip to Japan. The contraption is a better option than what many other teams use for catching drills: milk crates.
Daisuke Matsuzka made his first appearances of the year, going out and doing some light tossing before his workout. Like Josh Beckett and John Lackey (who said he lost about 15 pounds), Matsuzaka looks to be in good shape. Said Red Sox general manager Theo Epstein regarding the righty pitcher: “The results look good. His body looks improved compared to this time last year. He’s leaner and little bit stronger.”
Also, here a little sample of how Ryan Westmoreland is coming along, integrating a love of his — soccer — in his rehab work. (He was a Rhode Island All-State soccer player while at Portsmouth High.)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Betts Has Real Chance of Crashing AL MVP Party
- MLB Betting Preview: Red Sox vs. Orioles Odds, Analysis
- David Ortiz Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Foot
- Can Benintendi Be Pennant Race Difference-Maker?
- Updates on Red Sox Star Hanley Ramirez's Injury
- Andrew Benintendi Recalled from Double-a
- Fernando Abad to Red Sox
- 2014 First-rounder Michael Chavis promoted to High A Salem
- Cup of Coffee: Jason Groome era begins with two scoreless innings
- Weekly Notes: Groome debuts, Kopech and Dalbec stay hot
- Cup of Coffee: Salem wins 10th straight, Hill, Tubbs carry Lowell
- Podcast Ep. #104: BeninBoston
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Luis Alexander Basabe
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects four hits in Portland's slugfest
- Cup of Coffee: Dalbec keeps hitting, Dubon, Atkins lead Portland
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech dominates again, Dalbec blasts a pair
- Cup of Coffee: Tavarez leads Portland to doubleheader split