Clay Buchholz was once afraid of John Farrell
|02.12.11 at 11:38 am ET|
Here is a transcript of what you probably can’t hear all of because of the tricky Fort Myers wind:
“Saw [Curt Young] in Boston a couple of weeks ago. John Farrell was awesome. He’s one of the big reasons why I had a lot of success last year. I finally got to talk to him and wasn’t afraid of him, because he’s such a stern person who was always talking business. Once I broke it down and had some time to talk to him, he was awesome.
“Just talking to Curt, he’s a different personality. He’s going to fit in really well with this clubhouse.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- SoxProspects Staff Announcement: Promotions and new hires!
- Hanley Ramirez: A former top prospect returns
- Ryan Lavarnway designated for assignment as Sandoval signs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez shines in Puerto Rico
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Xander Bogaerts
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Mookie Betts
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Christian Vazquez
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #67: Reserved at the Reserve List Deadline
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday