Clay Buchholz was once afraid of John Farrell
|02.12.11 at 11:38 am ET|
Here is a transcript of what you probably can’t hear all of because of the tricky Fort Myers wind:
“Saw [Curt Young] in Boston a couple of weeks ago. John Farrell was awesome. He’s one of the big reasons why I had a lot of success last year. I finally got to talk to him and wasn’t afraid of him, because he’s such a stern person who was always talking business. Once I broke it down and had some time to talk to him, he was awesome.
“Just talking to Curt, he’s a different personality. He’s going to fit in really well with this clubhouse.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Callahan helps move Greenville into wild card lead
- Podcast Ep. 84: Mailbag extravaganza!
- Cup of Coffee: Longhi, Watkins power Greenville playoff push
- Cup of Coffee: Drive step closer to playoffs behind Drehoff, Moncada
- Cup of Coffee: Season comes to an end for DSL Red Sox
- Cup of Coffee: DSL Sox drop playoff opener; Espinoza dominates
- Weekly Notes: Greenville lineup turning heads
- Cup of Coffee: McGrath lights-out, Sea Dogs' bats back Wilkerson
- Cup of Coffee: Perez helps GCL Red Sox clinch division
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi remains hot, Hernandez impressive for DSL Sox