Clay Buchholz was once afraid of John Farrell
|02.12.11 at 11:38 am ET|
Here is a transcript of what you probably can’t hear all of because of the tricky Fort Myers wind:
“Saw [Curt Young] in Boston a couple of weeks ago. John Farrell was awesome. He’s one of the big reasons why I had a lot of success last year. I finally got to talk to him and wasn’t afraid of him, because he’s such a stern person who was always talking business. Once I broke it down and had some time to talk to him, he was awesome.
“Just talking to Curt, he’s a different personality. He’s going to fit in really well with this clubhouse.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Concerned Should Red Sox Be over Price's Roller-Coaster 2016?
- Latest Updates on Chris Young's Hamstring Injury
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- 2016 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Reports: Red Sox receive 1-year IFA ban, 5 players made free agents
- Scouting Scratch: Aaron Wilkerson
- Cup of Coffee: Monge carries Salem, Butler lifts Pawtucket
- Jerez and Romanski selected to Eastern League All-Star Game
- Cup of Coffee: Castillo powers PawSox
- Chris Marrero, Sean O'Sullivan selected to Int'l League All-Star Team
- Scouting Scratch: Josh Pennington, Darwinzon Hernandez and Gerson Bautista
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi celebrates Futures Game selection with four-hit night
- Moncada and Benintendi named to Futures Game