Clay Buchholz was once afraid of John Farrell
|02.12.11 at 11:38 am ET|
Here is a transcript of what you probably can’t hear all of because of the tricky Fort Myers wind:
“Saw [Curt Young] in Boston a couple of weeks ago. John Farrell was awesome. He’s one of the big reasons why I had a lot of success last year. I finally got to talk to him and wasn’t afraid of him, because he’s such a stern person who was always talking business. Once I broke it down and had some time to talk to him, he was awesome.
“Just talking to Curt, he’s a different personality. He’s going to fit in really well with this clubhouse.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox Will Not Fill GM Position After Mike Hazen's Hiring by...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- FallWinter League Roundup: Dominican League begins, Haley solid
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins