Red Sox expect to trade Robert Coello
|02.15.11 at 3:29 pm ET|
According to a major league source, the Red Sox expect to trade Robert Coello in the next couple of days. The right-hander was designated for assignment last week in order to make room on the 40-man roster for Alfredo Aceves, giving the Sox 10 days to trade him before subjecting him to waivers. The source suggested that there were “a few” teams interested in the right-hander.
Coello appeared in six games with the Red Sox in 2010, registering an ERA of 4.76. The 26-year-old also pitched for both Double-A Portland and Triple-A Pawtucket last season, posting a combined record of 7-6 with an ERA of 3.86.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi blasts first professional home run
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts, Stankiewicz shines for Salem
- Red Sox purchase contract of pitcher Noe Ramirez
- Johnson named to International League All-Star Team
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech goes six strong, Nava returns to Pawtucket
- Red Sox sign two as international signing period opens
- Cup of Coffee: Devers hits clutch homer, GCL Sox remain unbeaten
- Podcast Ep. 79: Promotions, Signings, Rankings, Fireworks?
- Five Sea Dogs chosen for Eastern League All-Star team
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza and Owens pitch well, Basabe leads Lowell