Red Sox expect to trade Robert Coello
|02.15.11 at 3:29 pm ET|
According to a major league source, the Red Sox expect to trade Robert Coello in the next couple of days. The right-hander was designated for assignment last week in order to make room on the 40-man roster for Alfredo Aceves, giving the Sox 10 days to trade him before subjecting him to waivers. The source suggested that there were “a few” teams interested in the right-hander.
Coello appeared in six games with the Red Sox in 2010, registering an ERA of 4.76. The 26-year-old also pitched for both Double-A Portland and Triple-A Pawtucket last season, posting a combined record of 7-6 with an ERA of 3.86.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- SoxProspects.com 2014 season-end award winners
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #64: Playing Out the Stretch
- Weekly Notes: Prospects flock to Boston
- 2014 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- 2014 Fall Instructional League rosters and schedule
- Cup of Coffee: PawSox fall late in Gildan Championship Game
- The Write-Up: Rusney Castillo
- Cup of Coffee: Couch leads PawSox to Series win
- Cup of Coffee: Owens struggles, pushing PawSox to the brink
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket drops game two in extras