Red Sox pick up catcher from Colorado
|03.29.11 at 8:50 pm ET|
The Red Sox acquired catcher Mike McKenry from Colorado on Tuesday for righthanded reliever Daniel Turpen. McKenry, 26, hit .265 and caught 94 games at Triple-A Colorado Springs last year, and appeared in six games with the Rockies at the end of last season. Turpen, 24, an eighth-round pick of San Francisco in 2007, was originally acquired last year when Boston sent righty reliever Ramon Ramirez to the Giants. He was selected by the Yankees in the Rule V Draft during the winter, but was later returned to the Red Sox. He split time between the Giants’ and Red Sox’ organizations in 2010, finishing with a combined 4.50 ERA in 69 relief innings in Double-A.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox sign two as international signing period opens
- Cup of Coffee: Devers hits clutch homer, GCL Sox remain unbeaten
- Podcast Ep. 79: Promotions, Signings, Rankings, Fireworks?
- Five Sea Dogs chosen for Eastern League All-Star team
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza and Owens pitch well, Basabe leads Lowell
- Red Sox sign five more draftees, including first-round pick Benintendi
- 2015 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free! (close to goal)
- Cup of Coffee: Margot helps Portland earn split as part of crazy Monday schedule
- Weekly Notes: Top prospects on the move
- Cup of Coffee: Salem, Greenville bullpens fall apart, Pawtucket wins in extras