Red Sox pick up catcher from Colorado
|03.29.11 at 8:50 pm ET|
The Red Sox acquired catcher Mike McKenry from Colorado on Tuesday for righthanded reliever Daniel Turpen. McKenry, 26, hit .265 and caught 94 games at Triple-A Colorado Springs last year, and appeared in six games with the Rockies at the end of last season. Turpen, 24, an eighth-round pick of San Francisco in 2007, was originally acquired last year when Boston sent righty reliever Ramon Ramirez to the Giants. He was selected by the Yankees in the Rule V Draft during the winter, but was later returned to the Red Sox. He split time between the Giants’ and Red Sox’ organizations in 2010, finishing with a combined 4.50 ERA in 69 relief innings in Double-A.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Podcast Ep. 84: Mailbag extravaganza!
- Cup of Coffee: Longhi, Watkins power Greenville playoff push
- Cup of Coffee: Drive step closer to playoffs behind Drehoff, Moncada
- Cup of Coffee: Season comes to an end for DSL Red Sox
- Cup of Coffee: DSL Sox drop playoff opener; Espinoza dominates
- Weekly Notes: Greenville lineup turning heads
- Cup of Coffee: McGrath lights-out, Sea Dogs' bats back Wilkerson
- Cup of Coffee: Perez helps GCL Red Sox clinch division
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi remains hot, Hernandez impressive for DSL Sox
- Podcast Ep. 83: Interview Special with Michael Chavis and Nick Longhi