Trade deadline: Indians look to improve offense
|07.06.11 at 1:41 pm ET|
Sitting in first place in the American League Central, the Indians will be in a new position this trading deadline. Instead of being sellers like in previous years, this year they will be buyers as they will look to maintain their position atop the AL Central.
Speaking with Anthony Castrovince of MLB.com, Indians general manager Chris Antonetti said: ‘We’re open in any way we can to improve the team, whatever that might be. Especially with [Shin-Soo] Choo suffering the injury that he suffered, we’ll probably focus most of our efforts on improving our offense and getting a little more consistency there.’
Antonetti also noted how difficult it is to project how a player from an outside organization will work out after a deal is made.
‘It’s so hard to put percentages on external acquisitions because there are so many variables in play,’ Antonetti said. ‘The benefit that we have with our internal options is we control those unilaterally, which guys we bring up, provided they’re healthy. Externally, so many things have to come together.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- David Price Allowed 5 ER in 3.1 IP and Is Now 0-8 in Career Postseason...
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller