|Trade Deadline: Francisco Rodriguez does not want set-up role||07.11.11 at 3:33 pm ET|
Francisco Rodriguez‘s new agent Scott Boras said Monday that his client will not accept a deal to a team on his no-trade list if it means the closer switching to a set-up role, tweets Brian Costa of the Wall Street Journal.
Rodriguez will receive $17.5 million from the Mets for 2012 if he finishes 21 more games and is healthy after the season. He told the New York Post that he hopes the Mets will allow him to finish the season with the team.
“I’m waiting for any decision they come up with, and hopefully the decision is they let me stay here and finish my year herebecause I want to go nowhere else,” Rodriguez said Sunday.
The closer can veto trades to 10 unknown teams. On the year Rodriguez has recorded 23 saves.
- Cup of Coffee: Shaw, Haeger help Sea Dogs earn split
- Players of the Week, June 10-16: Keury De La Cruz and Anthony Ranaudo
- Red Sox reportedly sign 12th-rounder Jake Drehoff
- Wendelken added to South Atlantic League All-Stars
- Red Sox reportedly sign Bryan Hudson, Jantzen Witte
- Cup of Coffee: Spinners open season with 15-strikeout gem
- SoxProspects Video of the Week: A-Ball hitters
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #39.1: Mellen's Excellent Adventure
- 2013 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Cup of Coffee: Wright's bounce-back start lifts Pawtucket