Trade Deadline: Dodgers get Juan Rivera, designate Marcus Thames for assignment
|07.12.11 at 3:24 pm ET|
Dylan Hernandez of The Los Angeles Times reports that the Dodgers have acquired 33-year-old Juan Rivera from the Blue Jays for a player to be named or cash considerations. The team also reportedly designated Marcus Thames for assignment.
Rivera hit .243 with six home runs and 28 RBI for Toronto this season, and is expected to play first base and left field in L.A. The Dodgers entered the All-Star break in fourth place in the NL West and rank 26th in runs scored.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Owens reassigned to minors in latest roster cuts; Boggs released
- The Write-Up: More reports from Fort Myers
- Karsten Whitson close to his old self in Red Sox system
- 2015 Spring Training Reports
- With injury behind him, Longhi honing selective approach this spring
- Podcast Ep. 71: Spring Training Reports!
- Scouting Scratch: Trey Ball
- Fort Report: SoxProspects crew arrives in Fort Myers
- The Write-Up: More from the Fort
- Teddy Stankiewicz debuted streamlined delivery in first spring outing