Trade Deadline: Dodgers get Juan Rivera, designate Marcus Thames for assignment
|07.12.11 at 3:24 pm ET|
Dylan Hernandez of The Los Angeles Times reports that the Dodgers have acquired 33-year-old Juan Rivera from the Blue Jays for a player to be named or cash considerations. The team also reportedly designated Marcus Thames for assignment.
Rivera hit .243 with six home runs and 28 RBI for Toronto this season, and is expected to play first base and left field in L.A. The Dodgers entered the All-Star break in fourth place in the NL West and rank 26th in runs scored.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs
- Cup of Coffee: Salem's narrow loss ends season for whole system
- Podcast Ep. #105: MoncadainBoston