Trade Deadline: Marlins could make pitchers Leo Nunez and Ricky Nolasco available
|07.12.11 at 5:00 pm ET|
According to Dan Knobler of CBSSports.com, the Marlins are considering making closer Leo Nunez and starting pitcher Ricky Nolasco available for potential trades. That is, if the Marlins decide to become sellers.
At 43-48 entering the All-Star break, Florida could hold on to its assets if the team manages to get back to .500 before the July 31 trade deadline. With two series against the Cubs and Padres coming up, they might just do it.
Nunez leads the last-place Marlins with 25 saves, while Nolasco is 6-5 with a 3.70 ERA. Florida sits 14 games behind the Phillies in the NL East.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs
- Cup of Coffee: Salem's narrow loss ends season for whole system