Trade Deadline: Marlins could make pitchers Leo Nunez and Ricky Nolasco available
|07.12.11 at 5:00 pm ET|
According to Dan Knobler of CBSSports.com, the Marlins are considering making closer Leo Nunez and starting pitcher Ricky Nolasco available for potential trades. That is, if the Marlins decide to become sellers.
At 43-48 entering the All-Star break, Florida could hold on to its assets if the team manages to get back to .500 before the July 31 trade deadline. With two series against the Cubs and Padres coming up, they might just do it.
Nunez leads the last-place Marlins with 25 saves, while Nolasco is 6-5 with a 3.70 ERA. Florida sits 14 games behind the Phillies in the NL East.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Staff Top 40 Rankings, 2014: Ian Cundall
- Staff Top 40 Rankings, 2014: Matt Huegel
- Sox have seventh pick in draft
- Staff Top 40 Rankings, 2014: Chris Hatfield
- SoxProspects.com 2014 season-end award winners
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #64: Playing Out the Stretch
- Weekly Notes: Prospects flock to Boston
- 2014 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- 2014 Fall Instructional League rosters and schedule
- Cup of Coffee: PawSox fall late in Gildan Championship Game