Trade Deadline: Marlins could make pitchers Leo Nunez and Ricky Nolasco available
|07.12.11 at 5:00 pm ET|
According to Dan Knobler of CBSSports.com, the Marlins are considering making closer Leo Nunez and starting pitcher Ricky Nolasco available for potential trades. That is, if the Marlins decide to become sellers.
At 43-48 entering the All-Star break, Florida could hold on to its assets if the team manages to get back to .500 before the July 31 trade deadline. With two series against the Cubs and Padres coming up, they might just do it.
Nunez leads the last-place Marlins with 25 saves, while Nolasco is 6-5 with a 3.70 ERA. Florida sits 14 games behind the Phillies in the NL East.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What Is Patriots' Day? Your Introduction to Boston's Greatest Holiday
- Stock Up, Stock Down for Boston Red Sox's Top 5 Prospects for Week 1
- Jackie Bradley Jr. to Be Placed on 10-Day DL with Knee Injury
- David Price's 1st Bullpen Session Since Elbow Injury Captured on Video
- Chris Sale Produces Dominant Debut Red Sox Needed to See
- 5 Bold Predictions for the Boston Red Sox's 2017 Season
- Boston Red Sox: Complete 2017 Season Preview, Predictions
- Cup of Coffee: Lakins, Anderson deal, Swihart homers
- Cup of Coffee: Brentz homers in both ends of doubleheader
- Minor Notes: Steen in critical condition after early morning car crash
- Scouting Scratch: Rafael Devers
- System Restart '17: Low-level pitching
- Cup of Coffee: Sexton allows one hit over six innings for Greenville
- System Restart '17: Mid-level pitching
- Cup of Coffee: Boyd, Rei highlight quiet night in system
- System Restart '17: Upper-level pitching
- Cup of Coffee: Shawaryn strikes out nine as Drive cruise