Trade Deadline: Marlins looking to deal closer Leo Nunez
|07.14.11 at 11:18 am ET|
The Marlins will look to deal away their closer Leo Nunez at this years trading deadline, writes Juan Rodriguez of SunSentinal.com. Nunez is salary arbitration eligible for the final time and it does not seem likely that the Marlins would want to take on the salary increase that is expected.
Nunez is in his seventh year in the league. Before the Marlins he was with the Royals. In 2010 Nunez finished with 30 saves. Currently in 2011 he has recorded 25 saves and has a WHIP of 1.20.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez impress in PR finals
- Scouting Report Update: Groome, Shawaryn lead first Lowell updates
- Scouting Report Updates: GCL updates from Fall Instructs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez meet in PR finals
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Leon debuts, Elias strikes out seven
- SoxProspects.com's Top Posts of 2016
- December Notes: Sox deal key prospects for Sale, Thornburg
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Rodriguez tweaks knee, Castillo rakes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramirez debuts, Vazquez homers
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Abad debuts, Hernandez goes deep again