Trade Deadline: Marlins looking to deal closer Leo Nunez
|07.14.11 at 11:18 am ET|
The Marlins will look to deal away their closer Leo Nunez at this years trading deadline, writes Juan Rodriguez of SunSentinal.com. Nunez is salary arbitration eligible for the final time and it does not seem likely that the Marlins would want to take on the salary increase that is expected.
Nunez is in his seventh year in the league. Before the Marlins he was with the Royals. In 2010 Nunez finished with 30 saves. Currently in 2011 he has recorded 25 saves and has a WHIP of 1.20.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts, Stankiewicz shines for Salem
- Red Sox purchase contract of pitcher Noe Ramirez
- Johnson named to International League All-Star Team
- Cup of Coffee: Kopech goes six strong, Nava returns to Pawtucket
- Red Sox sign two as international signing period opens
- Cup of Coffee: Devers hits clutch homer, GCL Sox remain unbeaten
- Podcast Ep. 79: Promotions, Signings, Rankings, Fireworks?
- Five Sea Dogs chosen for Eastern League All-Star team
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza and Owens pitch well, Basabe leads Lowell
- Red Sox sign five more draftees, including first-round pick Benintendi