Trade Deadline: Marlins looking to deal closer Leo Nunez
|07.14.11 at 11:18 am ET|
The Marlins will look to deal away their closer Leo Nunez at this years trading deadline, writes Juan Rodriguez of SunSentinal.com. Nunez is salary arbitration eligible for the final time and it does not seem likely that the Marlins would want to take on the salary increase that is expected.
Nunez is in his seventh year in the league. Before the Marlins he was with the Royals. In 2010 Nunez finished with 30 saves. Currently in 2011 he has recorded 25 saves and has a WHIP of 1.20.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs