Trade Deadline: Marlins looking to deal closer Leo Nunez
|07.14.11 at 11:18 am ET|
The Marlins will look to deal away their closer Leo Nunez at this years trading deadline, writes Juan Rodriguez of SunSentinal.com. Nunez is salary arbitration eligible for the final time and it does not seem likely that the Marlins would want to take on the salary increase that is expected.
Nunez is in his seventh year in the league. Before the Marlins he was with the Royals. In 2010 Nunez finished with 30 saves. Currently in 2011 he has recorded 25 saves and has a WHIP of 1.20.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Christian Vazquez
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #67: Reserved at the Reserve List Deadline
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday
- Kukuk arrested, charged with aggravated robbery
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Allen Webster
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Brandon Workman
- Alex Hassan claimed off waivers by Oakland
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: AFL winds down, Vazquez makes debut
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Jackie Bradley, Jr.