Trade Deadline: Eight teams, including Yankees, send scouts to see Rockies’ Ubaldo Jimenez
|07.15.11 at 12:27 pm ET|
Seventeen scouts from eight MLB teams ‘ including the Yankees ‘ were at Coors Field Thursday to watch Rockies starter Ubaldo Jimenez pitch against the Brewers, Tracy Ringolsby of FoxSports.com reported. Not every team has expressed specific interest in Jimenez, but the Reds ‘ another team with scouts present Thursday ‘ have done so.
The Tigers, Braves, Phillies, Cardinals, White Sox and Indians also sent scouts to Thursday’s game.
Jimenez went six innings vs. Milwaukee, allowing two runs on six hits, with two walks and four strikeouts. He is 4-8 with a 4.14 ERA and a .241 BAA this season.
Red Sox fans may best remember Jimenez as the starting pitcher for Game 2 of the 2007 World Series. Jimenez pitched 4 2/3 innings against the Red Sox, giving up two earned runs on three hits and five walks with two strikeouts in a losing effort.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Shaw Becoming Star After Being Thrown in Spotlight by Sandoval Benching
- Ortiz, Red Sox Look Headed for 1 More Exciting Run
- Updates on Xander Bogaerts' Wrist and Return
- Latest Updates on Joe Kelly's Injury
- Even Price Can't Stop Red Sox Rotation Giving Bad Feeling of Deja Vu
- Sandoval's Ex-Trainer Says He Has Eating Problem
- Ortiz Closing in on Top 25 in Career Home Runs
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Nick Longhi
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas and Maxwell lead the PawSox
- Podcast Ep. 95: One month in, start it up again
- Weekly Notes: Rodriguez, Smith begin rehab assignments
- Cup of Coffee: Rijo breaks out, rain washes Salem and Greenville
- Cup of Coffee: Haley, Lakins continue strong starts
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi continues surge, Smith rehabs
- Cup of Coffee: E-Rod rehabs, Ball debuts, Benintendi big again
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi powers Salem past Frederick
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Michael Chavis