|Trade Deadline: Eight teams, including Yankees, send scouts to see Rockies’ Ubaldo Jimenez||07.15.11 at 12:27 pm ET|
Seventeen scouts from eight MLB teams — including the Yankees — were at Coors Field Thursday to watch Rockies starter Ubaldo Jimenez pitch against the Brewers, Tracy Ringolsby of FoxSports.com reported. Not every team has expressed specific interest in Jimenez, but the Reds — another team with scouts present Thursday — have done so.
The Tigers, Braves, Phillies, Cardinals, White Sox and Indians also sent scouts to Thursday’s game.
Jimenez went six innings vs. Milwaukee, allowing two runs on six hits, with two walks and four strikeouts. He is 4-8 with a 4.14 ERA and a .241 BAA this season.
Red Sox fans may best remember Jimenez as the starting pitcher for Game 2 of the 2007 World Series. Jimenez pitched 4 2/3 innings against the Red Sox, giving up two earned runs on three hits and five walks with two strikeouts in a losing effort.
- Red Sox sign 1st-round pick Trey Ball
- Cup of Coffee: Shaw, Haeger help Sea Dogs earn split
- Players of the Week, June 10-16: Keury De La Cruz and Anthony Ranaudo
- Red Sox reportedly sign 12th-rounder Jake Drehoff
- Wendelken added to South Atlantic League All-Stars
- Red Sox reportedly sign Bryan Hudson, Jantzen Witte
- Cup of Coffee: Spinners open season with 15-strikeout gem
- SoxProspects Video of the Week: A-Ball hitters
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #39.1: Mellen's Excellent Adventure
- 2013 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!