Trade Deadline: Rockies want four players from Yankees for Ubaldo Jimenez
|07.17.11 at 8:14 pm ET|
The Rockies have asked the Yankees for four minor league players ‘ including top pitching prospects Manny Banuelos and Dellin Betances ‘ in exchange for 27-year-old right-hander Ubaldo Jimenez, SI.com’s Jon Heyman tweeted Sunday. Jimenez is 5-8 with a 4.08 ERA this year, but is a past All-Star, World Series starter and Cy Young candidate.
The other two players asked for are Triple-A catcher Jesus Montero and right-hander Ivan Nova, who is 8-4 with a 4.12 ERA for the Yankees. Heyman tweeted that the Yankees would trade Montero, who’s hit .288 with just seven home runs in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, but that’s as far as they are willing to go.
Banuelos is considered one of the elite pitching prospects in the game. He’s 3-3 this season with Double-A Trenton, with a 3.64 ERA and almost a 2-to-1 strikeout-walk ratio. Betances has had an even more productive year for Trenton, going 4-3 with a 2.62 ERA. He strikes out more than twice as many batters as he walks, and averages 10.2 strikeouts per nine innings.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs
- Cup of Coffee: Salem's narrow loss ends season for whole system
- Podcast Ep. #105: MoncadainBoston