Trade Deadline: Rockies want four players from Yankees for Ubaldo Jimenez
|07.17.11 at 8:14 pm ET|
The Rockies have asked the Yankees for four minor league players ‘ including top pitching prospects Manny Banuelos and Dellin Betances ‘ in exchange for 27-year-old right-hander Ubaldo Jimenez, SI.com’s Jon Heyman tweeted Sunday. Jimenez is 5-8 with a 4.08 ERA this year, but is a past All-Star, World Series starter and Cy Young candidate.
The other two players asked for are Triple-A catcher Jesus Montero and right-hander Ivan Nova, who is 8-4 with a 4.12 ERA for the Yankees. Heyman tweeted that the Yankees would trade Montero, who’s hit .288 with just seven home runs in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, but that’s as far as they are willing to go.
Banuelos is considered one of the elite pitching prospects in the game. He’s 3-3 this season with Double-A Trenton, with a 3.64 ERA and almost a 2-to-1 strikeout-walk ratio. Betances has had an even more productive year for Trenton, going 4-3 with a 2.62 ERA. He strikes out more than twice as many batters as he walks, and averages 10.2 strikeouts per nine innings.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Help Wanted: Writers
- Top 40 in Review: Michael Kopech and Sean Coyle
- Top 40 in Review: Wendell Rijo and Edwin Escobar
- Top 40 Season in Review: Travis Shaw and Sam Travis
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Marrero dominates in AFL
- Top 40 in Review: Nick Longhi and Teddy Stankiewicz
- Top 40 in Review: Heath Hembree and Steven Wright
- Top 40 Season in Review: Javier Guerra and Henry Ramos
- Top 40 in Review: Simon Mercedes and Carlos Asuaje
- Top 40 Season in Review: Anderson Espinoza and Alex Hassan