Trade Deadline: Dodgers GM meets with Hiroki Kuroda about rumors
|07.19.11 at 4:16 pm ET|
Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti met with starting pitcher Hiroki Kuroda on Monday to discuss the recent trade speculation over the right-hander. According to Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times, Colletti told Kuroda that he did not want to trade him, but he was willing to give him a chance to play for a contender.
Kuroda has a no-trade clause and there’s speculation that he may not want to play on the east coast. Asked whether or not he would waive the clause and allow a trade, he said, “At this point, I don’t know yet … I have very complicated feelings.”
Kuroda is 6-11 with a 3.13 ERA this season, and is drawing interest from the Red Sox, Yankees, Indians and Tigers.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Write-Up: Benintendi, Basabe and more from Lowell
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi has three hits in return to Lowell lineup
- Weekly Notes: Sox quiet at deadline, Owens called up
- Scouting Scratch: Greenville Arms Part 1
- Kevin Steen promoted to Lowell
- Cup of Coffee: Yoan Moncada and Tim Roberson have big days in Portland slugfest
- Owens to be called up, will debut in Yankee Stadium
- Cup of Coffee: Ockimey powers Lowell, Hernandez leads PawSox comeback
- Cup of Coffee: McAvoy tosses Salem past Nationals
- Cup of Coffee: Chavis shines in national TV spotlight