|Trade Deadline: Yankees content with bullpen?||07.19.11 at 6:25 pm ET|
The Yankees have told teams they won’t be looking to improve their bullpen before the July 31 trade deadline, according to Dan Knobler of CBSSports.com.
While they have been reportedly interested in Royals closer Joakim Soria since last season, Knobler writes they are now content with the improvement of David Robertson (1.21 ERA) and the scheduled return of Rafael Soriano from the disabled list.
New York did send executives to San Diego, where the Padres have two available relievers in Mike Adams and Heath Bell. However, if the Yankees are targeting one pitcher this summer, it will likely be Rockies starter Ubaldo Jimenez.
- Cup of Coffee: PawSox, Drive produce walk-off wins
- PawSox activate Jackie Bradley, Jr. from disabled list
- Weekly Notes: De La Rosa, Betts take center stage
- Cup of Coffee: Shaw leads 18-hit attack in Sea Dogs rout
- Cup of Coffee: Gedman, big Salem seventh key system’s only win
- Christian Vazquez’s new focus at the plate starting to pay off
- Cup of Coffee: Augliera dominant in Salem victory
- Players of the Week, May 6-12: Rubby De La Rosa and Mookie Betts
- Cup of Coffee: Streaks continue for Mookie Betts, Chris Martin
- SoxProspects Video of the Week: Anthony Ranaudo