Trade Deadline: Diamondbacks reportedly interested in pitching help
|07.20.11 at 12:48 pm ET|
The Diamondbacks are interested in acquiring a reliever and possibly a starter, according to Ken Rosenthal of FoxSports.com.
Rosenthal writes that Arizona is very interested in Cubs set-up man Kerry Wood, but he has a no-trade clause and might not want to leave Chicago. Other relievers that Rosenthal says the Diamondbacks could be interested in are the Nationals’ Todd Coffey, the Mets’ Jason Isringhausen and the Blue Jays’ Jason Frasor.
He goes on to say that the Diamondbacks could seek a mid-level starter such as Nationals right-hander Jason Marquis, as they do not want to give up top-level prospects.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Episode 113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players
- Podcast Ep. #112: If He Dies, He Dies
- Fort Report: Benintendi to bat third in Boston?
- Fort Report: Owens struggles, Castillo seeks redemption
- Support SoxProspects in 2017