Trade Deadline: Diamondbacks reportedly interested in pitching help
|07.20.11 at 12:48 pm ET|
The Diamondbacks are interested in acquiring a reliever and possibly a starter, according to Ken Rosenthal of FoxSports.com.
Rosenthal writes that Arizona is very interested in Cubs set-up man Kerry Wood, but he has a no-trade clause and might not want to leave Chicago. Other relievers that Rosenthal says the Diamondbacks could be interested in are the Nationals’ Todd Coffey, the Mets’ Jason Isringhausen and the Blue Jays’ Jason Frasor.
He goes on to say that the Diamondbacks could seek a mid-level starter such as Nationals right-hander Jason Marquis, as they do not want to give up top-level prospects.
- Preliminary 'New Stars for Young Stars' lineup announced
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Big weeks for Acosta and Welch
- Gary DiSarcina named Baseball America Minor League Manager of the Year
- Red Sox non-tender Ryan Kalish, Andrew Bailey
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Jesus Loya solid at the plate in Mexico
- Help Wanted: Staff Editor, Scouts
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #48: The Slow Season
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Attention shifts to Caribbean, Jerez shining in Venezuela
- Luis Ortega traded to Brewers for reliever Burke Badenhop
- Red Sox re-sign infielder Brandon Snyder