Trade Deadline: Diamondbacks reportedly interested in pitching help
|07.20.11 at 12:48 pm ET|
The Diamondbacks are interested in acquiring a reliever and possibly a starter, according to Ken Rosenthal of FoxSports.com.
Rosenthal writes that Arizona is very interested in Cubs set-up man Kerry Wood, but he has a no-trade clause and might not want to leave Chicago. Other relievers that Rosenthal says the Diamondbacks could be interested in are the Nationals’ Todd Coffey, the Mets’ Jason Isringhausen and the Blue Jays’ Jason Frasor.
He goes on to say that the Diamondbacks could seek a mid-level starter such as Nationals right-hander Jason Marquis, as they do not want to give up top-level prospects.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Players of the Week, 7/21-27: Brian Johnson & Travis Shaw
- Cup of Coffee: Rain can't dampen Augliera, Swihart
- Weekly Notes: Trade deadline approaches
- Cup of Coffee: Light continues to shine, Portland mounts a comeback
- Red Sox acquire two pitching prospects in Peavy trade
- Cup of Coffee: Pawtucket pushes streak to 11 games
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson strikes out 12 in win, Betts leads PawSox in route
- The Write-Up: Henry Owens
- Cup of Coffee: Owens falters in Futures rematch; Shaw leads PawSox
- Cup of Coffee: Martinez, Heller, Weems lead Salem bats in win