Trade Deadline: Diamondbacks reportedly interested in pitching help
|07.20.11 at 12:48 pm ET|
The Diamondbacks are interested in acquiring a reliever and possibly a starter, according to Ken Rosenthal of FoxSports.com.
Rosenthal writes that Arizona is very interested in Cubs set-up man Kerry Wood, but he has a no-trade clause and might not want to leave Chicago. Other relievers that Rosenthal says the Diamondbacks could be interested in are the Nationals’ Todd Coffey, the Mets’ Jason Isringhausen and the Blue Jays’ Jason Frasor.
He goes on to say that the Diamondbacks could seek a mid-level starter such as Nationals right-hander Jason Marquis, as they do not want to give up top-level prospects.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Red Sox Outfielder Chris Young Injury's
- Moncada Has a 'Following Everywhere We Go'
- AL ERA Leader Steven Wright Filling Red Sox's Need for Co-Ace
- Rusney Castillo Clears Waivers, Sent to Triple-A: Comments, Reaction
- Ted Williams 'Would Have Loved' Ortiz Hitting HR No. 521
- Prospect Profile for Red Sox's 1st-Round Pick Jason Groome
- Can Red Sox Make Real Run at 1,000 Runs in 2016?
- 2016 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Cup of Coffee: Wilkerson strikes out eight to make his case
- Podcast Ep. #100: Your regularly scheduled June programming
- Red Sox promote Miller, option Cuevas
- Weekly Notes: Promotions continue and scouting notes
- Cup of Coffee: Ball great again, Benintendi stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, O'Sullivan impress on the mound
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Sam Travis
- Cup of Coffee: GCL opens season, Washington, Moncada mash
- Scouting Scratch: Kevin Steen, Enmanuel De Jesus and more Lowell pitchers