Trade Deadline: Astros reportedly willing to trade Hunter Pence
|07.21.11 at 9:06 am ET|
The Astros are willing to deal away right fielder Hunter Pence, tweets ESPN’s Buster Olney. He adds that rival executives expect Pence to be dealt. Olney speculates that the Braves might be a good fit for Pence since that have plenty of prospects to deal.
The Houston Chronicle also is reporting that the Astros are willing to deal away Pence, as general manager Ed Wade has made it clear he’d be willing to listen to trade discussions about virtually everyone. The teams the paper mentions as possible fits for Pence include the Red Sox, Phillies, Braves, Giants, Indians, Pirates and Tigers. All of those teams reportedly have been interested in acquiring an outfielder.
Pence, who is in his fifth season in the majors, is batting .316 with 11 home runs and 61 RBIs. Pence played in the All-Star Game earlier this month.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What Is Patriots' Day? Your Introduction to Boston's Greatest Holiday
- Stock Up, Stock Down for Boston Red Sox's Top 5 Prospects for Week 1
- Jackie Bradley Jr. to Be Placed on 10-Day DL with Knee Injury
- David Price's 1st Bullpen Session Since Elbow Injury Captured on Video
- Chris Sale Produces Dominant Debut Red Sox Needed to See
- 5 Bold Predictions for the Boston Red Sox's 2017 Season
- Boston Red Sox: Complete 2017 Season Preview, Predictions
- Scouting Scratch: Rafael Devers
- System Restart '17: Low-level pitching
- Cup of Coffee: Sexton allows one hit over six innings for Greenville
- System Restart '17: Mid-level pitching
- Cup of Coffee: Boyd, Rei highlight quiet night in system
- System Restart '17: Upper-level pitching
- Cup of Coffee: Shawaryn strikes out nine as Drive cruise
- Minor Notes: Workman dominant in PawSox bullpen
- The Write-Up: Jalen Beeks
- Cup of Coffee: Olt leads Sea Dogs to walkoff win