Trade Deadline: Astros reportedly willing to trade Hunter Pence
|07.21.11 at 9:06 am ET|
The Astros are willing to deal away right fielder Hunter Pence, tweets ESPN’s Buster Olney. He adds that rival executives expect Pence to be dealt. Olney speculates that the Braves might be a good fit for Pence since that have plenty of prospects to deal.
The Houston Chronicle also is reporting that the Astros are willing to deal away Pence, as general manager Ed Wade has made it clear he’d be willing to listen to trade discussions about virtually everyone. The teams the paper mentions as possible fits for Pence include the Red Sox, Phillies, Braves, Giants, Indians, Pirates and Tigers. All of those teams reportedly have been interested in acquiring an outfielder.
Pence, who is in his fifth season in the majors, is batting .316 with 11 home runs and 61 RBIs. Pence played in the All-Star Game earlier this month.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #62: It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Trade Deadline
- Red Sox recall Betts and Wilson; Carp designated for assignment; Travis promoted to Greenville
- Report: Owens promoted to Pawtucket
- Cup of Coffee: Betts hits walk-off homer in day one of post-Lester era
- ESPNBoston: SoxProspects covering the Trade Deadline
- Red Sox trade Andrew Miller for Eduardo Rodriguez
- Red Sox send Lackey. Littrell, and cash to Cardinals for Joe Kelly, Allen Craig
- Red Sox acquire Cespedes and draft pick for Lester and Gomes
- Cup of Coffee: Johnson's arm carries Portland to victory
- Felix Doubront traded to Cubs for PTBNL