Trade Deadline: Jason Isringhausen latest Met getting looks
|07.21.11 at 5:54 pm ET|
Reliever Jason Isringhausen joins Carlos Beltran, Jose Reyes and even R.A. Dickey as Mets who have been rumored to be potentially on the trading market as July 31 fast approaches. FoxSports.com’s Jon Paul Morosi tweeted that the Reds and Diamondbacks have expressed some desire in trading for the right-hander while the Cardinals also seem interested in bringing him back to St. Louis, where he played from 2002-08.
However, there are some conflicting reports on just how available Isringhausen is on the trade market. Sports Illustrated baseball writer Jon Heyman tweeted earlier in the day that New York has “decided to keep” the reliever and use him as a teacher for 26-year-old Bobby Parnell. That would mean he’d join Reyes and Dickey as Mets who will probably stay in the Big Apple after the trade deadline comes and goes.
Regardless of where he’s playing come the end of the day on July 31, the 38-year-old will definitely provide some value given his age. In 38 starts in 2011, Isringhausen has a 2.76 ERA, his lowest ERA over the course of a full season since 2007 when he had a mark of 2.48 and saved 32 games for St. Louis.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Staff Top 40 Rankings, 2014: Mike Andrews
- Staff Top 40 Rankings, 2014: Ian Cundall
- Staff Top 40 Rankings, 2014: Matt Huegel
- Sox have seventh pick in draft
- Staff Top 40 Rankings, 2014: Chris Hatfield
- SoxProspects.com 2014 season-end award winners
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #64: Playing Out the Stretch
- Weekly Notes: Prospects flock to Boston
- 2014 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- 2014 Fall Instructional League rosters and schedule