Trade Deadline: Jason Isringhausen latest Met getting looks
|07.21.11 at 5:54 pm ET|
Reliever Jason Isringhausen joins Carlos Beltran, Jose Reyes and even R.A. Dickey as Mets who have been rumored to be potentially on the trading market as July 31 fast approaches. FoxSports.com’s Jon Paul Morosi tweeted that the Reds and Diamondbacks have expressed some desire in trading for the right-hander while the Cardinals also seem interested in bringing him back to St. Louis, where he played from 2002-08.
However, there are some conflicting reports on just how available Isringhausen is on the trade market. Sports Illustrated baseball writer Jon Heyman tweeted earlier in the day that New York has “decided to keep” the reliever and use him as a teacher for 26-year-old Bobby Parnell. That would mean he’d join Reyes and Dickey as Mets who will probably stay in the Big Apple after the trade deadline comes and goes.
Regardless of where he’s playing come the end of the day on July 31, the 38-year-old will definitely provide some value given his age. In 38 starts in 2011, Isringhausen has a 2.76 ERA, his lowest ERA over the course of a full season since 2007 when he had a mark of 2.48 and saved 32 games for St. Louis.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Betts Has Real Chance of Crashing AL MVP Party
- MLB Betting Preview: Red Sox vs. Orioles Odds, Analysis
- David Ortiz Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Foot
- Can Benintendi Be Pennant Race Difference-Maker?
- Updates on Red Sox Star Hanley Ramirez's Injury
- Andrew Benintendi Recalled from Double-a
- Fernando Abad to Red Sox
- Weekly Notes: Moncada, Devers, Tavarez nab postseason awards
- Cup of Coffee: Salem walks off, Downs homers
- Cup of Coffee: Groome impresses while Johnson falters
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects five hits, Chatham belts two homers
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon comes up clutch, Dalbec stays hot for Lowell
- Scouting Scratch: Mike Shawaryn and Shaun Anderson
- Cup of Coffee: LaMarre powers Pawtucket, Kopech whiffs 10
- After draft slide, Shawaryn regaining peak form in Lowell
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada shows off power and defense as he eyes the big leagues
- 2014 First-rounder Michael Chavis promoted to High A Salem