Trade Deadline: Jason Isringhausen latest Met getting looks
|07.21.11 at 5:54 pm ET|
Reliever Jason Isringhausen joins Carlos Beltran, Jose Reyes and even R.A. Dickey as Mets who have been rumored to be potentially on the trading market as July 31 fast approaches. FoxSports.com’s Jon Paul Morosi tweeted that the Reds and Diamondbacks have expressed some desire in trading for the right-hander while the Cardinals also seem interested in bringing him back to St. Louis, where he played from 2002-08.
However, there are some conflicting reports on just how available Isringhausen is on the trade market. Sports Illustrated baseball writer Jon Heyman tweeted earlier in the day that New York has “decided to keep” the reliever and use him as a teacher for 26-year-old Bobby Parnell. That would mean he’d join Reyes and Dickey as Mets who will probably stay in the Big Apple after the trade deadline comes and goes.
Regardless of where he’s playing come the end of the day on July 31, the 38-year-old will definitely provide some value given his age. In 38 starts in 2011, Isringhausen has a 2.76 ERA, his lowest ERA over the course of a full season since 2007 when he had a mark of 2.48 and saved 32 games for St. Louis.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Xander Bogaerts' Wrist and Return
- Latest Updates on Joe Kelly's Injury
- Even Price Can't Stop Red Sox Rotation Giving Bad Feeling of Deja Vu
- Sandoval's Ex-Trainer Says He Has Eating Problem
- Ortiz Closing in on Top 25 in Career Home Runs
- Updates on Red Sox Star Pablo Sandoval's Injury
- Ortiz Looks Determined to Go out with a Bang
- Cup of Coffee: Haley, Lakins continue strong starts
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi continues surge, Smith rehabs
- Cup of Coffee: E-Rod rehabs, Ball debuts, Benintendi big again
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi powers Salem past Frederick
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Michael Chavis
- Cup of Coffee: Kyri Washington rips pair of doubles in Greenville loss
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas, Swihart lead Pawtucket on a light night
- Michael Chavis placed on disabled list with torn thumb ligament (UPDATE: report rescinded)
- Weekly Notes: Light, Cuevas get first-time call-up
- Cup of Coffee: Lakins shoves, Drive bats come alive