Trade Deadline: Jason Isringhausen latest Met getting looks
|07.21.11 at 5:54 pm ET|
Reliever Jason Isringhausen joins Carlos Beltran, Jose Reyes and even R.A. Dickey as Mets who have been rumored to be potentially on the trading market as July 31 fast approaches. FoxSports.com’s Jon Paul Morosi tweeted that the Reds and Diamondbacks have expressed some desire in trading for the right-hander while the Cardinals also seem interested in bringing him back to St. Louis, where he played from 2002-08.
However, there are some conflicting reports on just how available Isringhausen is on the trade market. Sports Illustrated baseball writer Jon Heyman tweeted earlier in the day that New York has “decided to keep” the reliever and use him as a teacher for 26-year-old Bobby Parnell. That would mean he’d join Reyes and Dickey as Mets who will probably stay in the Big Apple after the trade deadline comes and goes.
Regardless of where he’s playing come the end of the day on July 31, the 38-year-old will definitely provide some value given his age. In 38 starts in 2011, Isringhausen has a 2.76 ERA, his lowest ERA over the course of a full season since 2007 when he had a mark of 2.48 and saved 32 games for St. Louis.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Scouting Report Update: Groome, Shawaryn lead first Lowell updates
- Scouting Report Updates: GCL updates from Fall Instructs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Castillo, Vazquez meet in PR finals
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Leon debuts, Elias strikes out seven
- SoxProspects.com's Top Posts of 2016
- December Notes: Sox deal key prospects for Sale, Thornburg
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Rodriguez tweaks knee, Castillo rakes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Ramirez debuts, Vazquez homers
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Abad debuts, Hernandez goes deep again
- Scouting Updates: Mata leads group of DSL player page updates