Trade Deadline: Mike Adams says he hasn’t been told he’s staying put
|07.21.11 at 2:58 pm ET|
This is the beauty of the trade deadline rumor mill, isn’t it?
First, a report had emerged that Padres reliever Mike Adams was told by Padres owner Jeff Moorad, “You’re not going anywhere.” Now, Adams himself told Marty Caswell, a reporter for XX1090 Sports Radio in San Diego, that he has received no such news.
If he is indeed still available on the trade market, the Padres would put a hefty price tag on any potential deal for his services. His 1.23 ERA is third-lowest in the NL among relievers with at least 35 appearances, and if that wasn’t enough to make him attractive, his relatively cheap contract ($2.53 million in 2011, arbitration eligible in 2012) would certainly do the trick.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- David Price Allowed 5 ER in 3.1 IP and Is Now 0-8 in Career Postseason...
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller