Trade Deadline: Mike Adams says he hasn’t been told he’s staying put
|07.21.11 at 2:58 pm ET|
This is the beauty of the trade deadline rumor mill, isn’t it?
First, a report had emerged that Padres reliever Mike Adams was told by Padres owner Jeff Moorad, “You’re not going anywhere.” Now, Adams himself told Marty Caswell, a reporter for XX1090 Sports Radio in San Diego, that he has received no such news.
If he is indeed still available on the trade market, the Padres would put a hefty price tag on any potential deal for his services. His 1.23 ERA is third-lowest in the NL among relievers with at least 35 appearances, and if that wasn’t enough to make him attractive, his relatively cheap contract ($2.53 million in 2011, arbitration eligible in 2012) would certainly do the trick.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Fort Report: Moncada Madness
- Podcast Ep. 70: Moncada signs, Ben Badler talks, PawSox sold!
- PawSox sold to group including Lucchino; reports say move to Providence likely
- Fort Report: Top prospects prepare for biggest tests yet
- Report: Red Sox have agreement to sign Moncada for $31.5M
- Unveiling the updated SoxProspects scouting reports, stage one
- Owens, Johnson among eight invited to Red Sox spring training
- Chicago Cubs claim Drake Britton off waivers
- Offseason Notes: Red Sox continue to shape roster
- Drake Britton designated for assignment as Red Sox sign Ogando