Trade Deadline: Mike Adams says he hasn’t been told he’s staying put
|07.21.11 at 2:58 pm ET|
This is the beauty of the trade deadline rumor mill, isn’t it?
First, a report had emerged that Padres reliever Mike Adams was told by Padres owner Jeff Moorad, “You’re not going anywhere.” Now, Adams himself told Marty Caswell, a reporter for XX1090 Sports Radio in San Diego, that he has received no such news.
If he is indeed still available on the trade market, the Padres would put a hefty price tag on any potential deal for his services. His 1.23 ERA is third-lowest in the NL among relievers with at least 35 appearances, and if that wasn’t enough to make him attractive, his relatively cheap contract ($2.53 million in 2011, arbitration eligible in 2012) would certainly do the trick.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rich in pitching depth
- Fort Report: The games begin
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #53: Spring Training Mailbag
- Red Sox sign outfielder Bo Greenwell to minor league deal
- Josh Maurer joins PawSox radio team
- Fort Report: Camp kicks into full gear
- New Feature: Young Graduates
- Pitcher Francisco Tena suspended
- Fort Report: Pitchers and catchers report
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #52: ESPN Insider Keith Law on ranking the Red Sox