Trade Deadline: Mike Adams says he hasn’t been told he’s staying put
|07.21.11 at 2:58 pm ET|
This is the beauty of the trade deadline rumor mill, isn’t it?
First, a report had emerged that Padres reliever Mike Adams was told by Padres owner Jeff Moorad, “You’re not going anywhere.” Now, Adams himself told Marty Caswell, a reporter for XX1090 Sports Radio in San Diego, that he has received no such news.
If he is indeed still available on the trade market, the Padres would put a hefty price tag on any potential deal for his services. His 1.23 ERA is third-lowest in the NL among relievers with at least 35 appearances, and if that wasn’t enough to make him attractive, his relatively cheap contract ($2.53 million in 2011, arbitration eligible in 2012) would certainly do the trick.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- SoxProspects Staff Announcement: Promotions and new hires!
- Hanley Ramirez: A former top prospect returns
- Ryan Lavarnway designated for assignment as Sandoval signs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez shines in Puerto Rico
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Xander Bogaerts
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Mookie Betts
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Christian Vazquez
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #67: Reserved at the Reserve List Deadline
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday