Trade Deadline: R.A. Dickey reportedly staying with the Mets
|07.21.11 at 3:21 pm ET|
Yes, there is another knuckleballer in the major leagues, and he is actually pitching quite well.
Mets pitcher R.A. Dickey has a 3.80 ERA this season and is 2-2 with a 3.13 ERA since the start of June, leading one American League contender to put in a call to the New York front office according to a tweet from MLB Network and NESN analyst Peter Gammons.
The answer though, as Gammons notes, was of the negative variety. Dickey put together his first sub-4.00 ERA last season when he ranked seventh in the NL with a mark of 2.84 and could be on his way to such a stat this season if he can maintain his numbers of late. That performance must give the Mets enough comfort that he can continue to toss quality outings for not only the remainder of the season but beyond. Dickey is under contract for $4.25 million in 2012 and has a $5 million club option for 2013.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What Is Patriots' Day? Your Introduction to Boston's Greatest Holiday
- Stock Up, Stock Down for Boston Red Sox's Top 5 Prospects for Week 1
- Jackie Bradley Jr. to Be Placed on 10-Day DL with Knee Injury
- David Price's 1st Bullpen Session Since Elbow Injury Captured on Video
- Chris Sale Produces Dominant Debut Red Sox Needed to See
- 5 Bold Predictions for the Boston Red Sox's 2017 Season
- Boston Red Sox: Complete 2017 Season Preview, Predictions
- The Write-Up: Jalen Beeks
- Cup of Coffee: Olt leads Sea Dogs to walkoff win
- Cup of Coffee: Beeks tosses complete-game shutout
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Victor Garcia
- Cup of Coffee: Ockimey homers twice, Salem sweeps twin bill
- The Write-Up: Teddy Stankiewicz
- System Restart '17: Catcher
- Cup of Coffee: Mother nature delays Chavis; Moncada stomps PawSox
- Minor Notes: Chavis turns heads in three-homer game
- System Restart '17: Outfield