|Trade Deadline: Twins will be buyers, looking for bullpen depth||07.22.11 at 12:46 pm ET|
Despite being six games under .500 and six games back in the AL Central, the Twins intend to be buyers, specifically looking for middle-inning bullpen help, writes FoxSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal.
“We just need depth,” general manager Bill Smith said Friday morning. “We’ve got [Joe] Nathan, [Matt] Capps and [Glen] Perkins at the back — that’s a good group. … We’re fine with those three late in games. We just have some inexperience getting to that point.”
Rosenthal also wrote that the Twins have just about weathered the storm of injuries they’ve endured this season, with just Denard Span and Justin Morneau left on the DL.
- Cup of Coffee: Spring's walk-off grand slam lifts Portland
- Bradley: "Everything's back to normal"
- Cup of Coffee: PawSox, Drive produce walk-off wins
- PawSox activate Jackie Bradley, Jr. from disabled list
- Weekly Notes: De La Rosa, Betts take center stage
- Cup of Coffee: Shaw leads 18-hit attack in Sea Dogs rout
- Cup of Coffee: Gedman, big Salem seventh key system’s only win
- Christian Vazquez’s new focus at the plate starting to pay off
- Cup of Coffee: Augliera dominant in Salem victory
- Players of the Week, May 6-12: Rubby De La Rosa and Mookie Betts