Trade Deadline: Red Sox out on Carlos Beltran?
|07.24.11 at 9:18 am ET|
The Red Sox view the potential acquisition of Carlos Beltran as a “total longshot” and are instead focused on adding pitching before the deadline, according to a tweet from Buster Olney of ESPN.
Beltran is owed roughly $6 million for the rest of the season, the last of his seven-year, $119 million deal. The right fielder is having his best season since 2006, ranking among the National League’s top 1o in doubles, RBI, extra-base hits, on-base percentage, runs created and walks.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Write-Up: Henry Owens
- Cup of Coffee: Owens falters in Futures rematch; Shaw leads PawSox
- Cup of Coffee: Martinez, Heller, Weems lead Salem bats in win
- Cup of Coffee: Light shines bright for Salem
- Players of the Week, 7/14-20: Michael Almanzar & Trey Ball
- Cup of Coffee: Acosta scores four in GCL Sox sweep
- Weekly Notes: Betts returns to Pawtucket, Owens wins ninth straight
- 2014 Draft recap: Sox sign 31 players, with impact potential at the top
- Cup of Coffee: Ranaudo, Johnson impress, Stankiewicz fans nine
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #61: Wild Turkeys, July 2, and the Draft