|Trade Deadline: Red Sox out on Carlos Beltran?||07.24.11 at 9:18 am ET|
The Red Sox view the potential acquisition of Carlos Beltran as a “total longshot” and are instead focused on adding pitching before the deadline, according to a tweet from Buster Olney of ESPN.
Beltran is owed roughly $6 million for the rest of the season, the last of his seven-year, $119 million deal. The right fielder is having his best season since 2006, ranking among the National League’s top 1o in doubles, RBI, extra-base hits, on-base percentage, runs created and walks.
- Red Sox recall Iglesias, Aceves; place Victorino, Middlebrooks on DL
- Cup of Coffee: Morales sharp in rehab outing as Sea Dogs roll
- Red Sox ink veteran lefty Rafael Perez to minor league deal
- Cup of Coffee: Vazquez nearly hits for cycle in Portland’s walk-off win
- Players of the Week, May 13-19: Mookie Betts and Matt Price
- Cup of Coffee: Montas strikes out eight in Greenville loss
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #34
- ESPNBoston: De La Rosa finding his way in Pawtucket
- Cup of Coffee: Bradley, Holt shine in PawSox loss
- Xander Bogaerts, Portland to headline Futures at Fenway