Trade Deadline: Cardinals reportedly offer Colby Rasmus to White Sox
|07.25.11 at 2:10 pm ET|
According to a report from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the Cardinals have made Colby Rasmus available to be dealt the White Sox pending the right deal. The report says that negotiations have “accelerated” in recent days and the White Sox could make free agent pitcher Edwin Jackson or left-handed reliever Matt Thornton available to the Cardinals.
Cardinals manager Tony La Russa said Saturday that he considers Jon Jay the team’s primary center fielder. Rasmus is in the midst of a two-month slump. Rasmus says that he will discuss any trade speculation.
“I’ve dealt with some of that in the past already. I’m just going to try not to think about it and, wherever I’m at, I’m just playing baseball,” Rasmus said. “I’m getting back to keeping it simple. You get too many things going at the same time and it doesn’t work. I’m going to keep it simple and play baseball. It’s what I did today, I played pretty good, and I’m going to try to keep it going.”
Rasmus is hitting .244 with 10 home runs and 37 RBIs this season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- November Notes: Prospect rankings and new CBA
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez belts walk-off home run
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Devers, Hernandez stand out in Dominican winter league
- Podcast Ep. #109: Alex Speier on Ranking the System
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez debuts, Tavarez, Mars stay hot
- Podcast Ep. #108: 2016 Rankings Special
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Kopech continues to dominate
- October Notes: Fall ball and front office changes
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada sidelined by thumb sprain
- Help Wanted: Web Editors & Social Media Specialists