Trade Deadline: Cardinals reportedly offer Colby Rasmus to White Sox
|07.25.11 at 2:10 pm ET|
According to a report from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the Cardinals have made Colby Rasmus available to be dealt the White Sox pending the right deal. The report says that negotiations have “accelerated” in recent days and the White Sox could make free agent pitcher Edwin Jackson or left-handed reliever Matt Thornton available to the Cardinals.
Cardinals manager Tony La Russa said Saturday that he considers Jon Jay the team’s primary center fielder. Rasmus is in the midst of a two-month slump. Rasmus says that he will discuss any trade speculation.
“I’ve dealt with some of that in the past already. I’m just going to try not to think about it and, wherever I’m at, I’m just playing baseball,” Rasmus said. “I’m getting back to keeping it simple. You get too many things going at the same time and it doesn’t work. I’m going to keep it simple and play baseball. It’s what I did today, I played pretty good, and I’m going to try to keep it going.”
Rasmus is hitting .244 with 10 home runs and 37 RBIs this season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- SoxProspects Staff Announcement: Promotions and new hires!
- Hanley Ramirez: A former top prospect returns
- Ryan Lavarnway designated for assignment as Sandoval signs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez shines in Puerto Rico
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Xander Bogaerts
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Mookie Betts
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Christian Vazquez
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #67: Reserved at the Reserve List Deadline
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday