Trade Deadline: Nationals and Twins reportedly have discussed Denard Span
|07.25.11 at 4:26 pm ET|
The Nationals and Twins have reportedly discussed a trade involving center fielder Denard Span, according to Ken Rosenthal of FoxSports.com. Span, the Twins outfielder has been out since June 7 with a concussion, but is currently on a rehab assignment.
Closer Drew Storen and All-Star setup man Tyler Clippard are players the Twins will most likely seek, but according to Rosenthal’s sources the Nationals are unwilling to deal them. Rosenthal adds that the Twins might seek right-hander’s Todd Coffey or Henry Rodriguez.
Before suffering the concussion Span was hitting .294 with two home runs and 15 RBIs. Rosenthal also notes that the Nationals are reportedly interested in outfielders including the Rays’ B.J. Upton, the Cardinals’ Colby Rasmus and the Astros’ Michael Bourn.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Cup of Coffee: Buttrey stays unbeaten; Longhi's bat paces Drive
- Scouting Scratch: High minors bullpen arms
- Cup of Coffee: Moncada returns, Bradley Jr. goes off
- Eduardo Rodriguez to be recalled for Thursday start
- Cup of Coffee: Roof and Tekotte go back-to-back in Portland win
- The Write-Up: Henry Owens
- Cup of Coffee: Stankiewicz fires eight-inning gem to lead Salem
- Weekly Notes: The Yoan Moncada era begins
- Cup of Coffee: Ball shuts down Dash offense, Callahan has wild outing
- Cup of Coffee: Witte walks off for Portland, Buttrey goes seven strong for Salem