Trade Deadline: Reds reportedly drawing interest on Edinson Volquez
|07.25.11 at 4:42 pm ET|
The Reds are reportedly drawing interest from multiple teams on starting pitcher Edinson Volquez, tweets Ken Rosenthal of FoxSports.com.
Volquez has struggled this season and has even been spent some time in Triple-A, but the right-hander throws hard and does have some upside. He has a 5-4 record with a 5.93 ERA this season.
This is Volquez’s seventh season in the majors. He played for the Rangers for the first three seasons of his career. His best season came in 2008 in his first season with the Reds, finishing with a 17-6 record and a 3.21 ERA.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- David Ortiz Discusses Retirement from Baseball, Time with Red Sox
- Jackie Bradley Jr. Is Now a Red Sox Star
- Big Papi Cementing His Legend with a Bang
- Ortiz Passes Banks, Mathews for 22nd Place on MLB's HR List
- Red Sox's High-Octane Offense Fueling Rise Back to Prominence
- Red Sox Score Double-Digit Runs for 4th Consecutive Game
- Red Sox 1st Team Since 1999 to Score 13+ Runs in 3 Straight
- Weekly Notes: Travis out for the year, Luis Alej. Basabe stays hot
- The Write-Up: Eduardo Rodriguez's mechanical adjustment
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza, Ockimey lead Greenville, Haley rolls on
- Sam Travis out for season with torn ACL
- Cup of Coffee: Gunsolus, Ray power Greenville to win
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi, Devers record multi-hit games
- Cup of Coffee: Almonte throws six no-hit innings
- Cup of Coffee: Owens, others struggle on mound
- Cup of Coffee: Espinoza dominates in mid-week matinee
- Cup of Coffee: Rodriguez fires seven strong innings in rehab start