Trade Deadline: Reds reportedly out of running for Carlos Beltran
|07.26.11 at 11:24 am ET|
Depending on which you report you read, Carlos Beltran may or may not wish to stay in the National League, but the Reds, one of the senior-circuit teams who could be interested in the Mets outfielder, aren’t talking to New York about any deal, according to a tweet from ESPN’s Buster Olney.
The Reds appear to be all set in right field with Jay Bruce, who owns an .844 OPS to go with 21 HR and 57 RBI. They would have a bigger need in left, where Jonny Gomes doesn’t inspire too much confidence with his .211 average and .735 OPS. But it has been widely reported that Beltran would rather stay in right field than move to another position, thus probably negating any interest that the Reds may have had.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- With new delivery honed, Haley looks to build on breakout season
- Scouting Scratch: Yoan Moncada
- Owens reassigned to minors in latest roster cuts; Boggs released
- The Write-Up: More reports from Fort Myers
- Karsten Whitson close to his old self in Red Sox system
- 2015 Spring Training Reports
- With injury behind him, Longhi honing selective approach this spring
- Podcast Ep. 71: Spring Training Reports!
- Scouting Scratch: Trey Ball
- Fort Report: SoxProspects crew arrives in Fort Myers