|Trade Deadline: Twins reportedly unsure of buyer/seller status||07.26.11 at 10:32 am ET|
The Twins, who stand only seven games back in the AL Central with 60 games left, are “still deciding whether to buy or sell,” according to a tweet from Sports Illustrated baseball writer Jon Heyman. That deficit is not completely out of reach. For perspective, the Twins sat 11 1/2 games out of first 60 games ago but have made up 4 1/2 games of ground since then.
Heyman tweets that if the Twins decide they want to sell, the Giants, who are seen as one of the leaders in any Carlos Beltran deal, would inquire about All-Star outfielder Michael Cuddyer (.296 BA, .838 OPS, 14 HR, 48 RBI) to fill their outfield need. The right-handed hitting Cuddyer would also make sense for the Red Sox, if Boston could get him for the right price.
- Red Sox reportedly sign 12th-rounder Jake Drehoff
- Wendelken added to South Atlantic League All-Stars
- Red Sox reportedly sign Bryan Hudson, Jantzen Witte
- Cup of Coffee: Spinners open season with 15-strikeout gem
- SoxProspects Video of the Week: A-Ball hitters
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #39.1: Mellen's Excellent Adventure
- 2013 Annual Drive - Help Keep SoxProspects Free!
- Cup of Coffee: Wright's bounce-back start lifts Pawtucket
- Cup of Coffee: Swihart, Cecchini once again lead Salem
- Jalen Williams, Danny Bethea reportedly agree to terms