Trade Deadline: Twins reportedly to become sellers after 14-run loss
|07.27.11 at 6:39 am ET|
In recent weeks, the Twins were reportedly torn between trading veterans at the deadline or hanging on to their talent for a playoff push. According to The Sporting News, Monday night’s 20-6 loss to the Rangers has made that decision much easier, and the Twins will now look to sell.
The blowout loss dropped the Twins to 15-16 over their past 31 games, and seven games behind the Tigers in the AL Central. At 47-55 entering Tuesday, the Twins are 14 games out of the AL wild card race.
The Twins reportedly have been asked about outfielder Michael Cuddyer (who pitched the eighth inning in Monday night’s loss), outfielder Denard Span and pitcher Kevin Slowey.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- Cup of Coffee: Swihart leads PawSox hit parade, Rodriguez earns first win
- Cup of Coffee: Ball stymies Mudcats, Brentz leads Pawtucket past Rochester
- Swihart learning to catch the knuckler in Pawtucket
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 7: Low Minors Pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Brentz walks off for PawSox home opener
- Cup of Coffee: Jackie Bradley Jr. continues hot start, Pawtucket falls in doubleheader
- System Restart 2015, Pt. 6: Mid-Minors Pitchers
- Cup of Coffee: Margot, Longhi, and Cecchini provide the power
- Podcast Ep. 73: Scout Talk and Season's Start
- Cup of Coffee: Abbreviated 2015 debuts for Kopech, Barnes