Trade Deadline: Twins reportedly to become sellers after 14-run loss
|07.27.11 at 6:39 am ET|
In recent weeks, the Twins were reportedly torn between trading veterans at the deadline or hanging on to their talent for a playoff push. According to The Sporting News, Monday night’s 20-6 loss to the Rangers has made that decision much easier, and the Twins will now look to sell.
The blowout loss dropped the Twins to 15-16 over their past 31 games, and seven games behind the Tigers in the AL Central. At 47-55 entering Tuesday, the Twins are 14 games out of the AL wild card race.
The Twins reportedly have been asked about outfielder Michael Cuddyer (who pitched the eighth inning in Monday night’s loss), outfielder Denard Span and pitcher Kevin Slowey.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red-Hot Red Sox Emerging as Alpha Dog in AL
- David Ortiz Passes Dave Kingman for Most HRs by a Player in His Final...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Knee and Return
- Price Starting to Become Clutch Ace at Crucial Time
- David Ortiz Comments on Donald Trump
- Yoan Moncada to Be Recalled from Double-A Portland by Red Sox
- Moncada Could Provide Red Sox with Spark
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins
- Podcast Ep. #106: AJ No-Teller
- Weekly Notes: Benintendi & Moncada among award winners
- SoxProspects.com 2016 season-end award winners
- Groome highlights 2016 Fall Instructional League roster
- Moncada named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year
- Weekly Notes: Minor league season ends, Moncada struggles in Bigs