Trade Deadline: Twins reportedly to become sellers after 14-run loss
|07.27.11 at 6:39 am ET|
In recent weeks, the Twins were reportedly torn between trading veterans at the deadline or hanging on to their talent for a playoff push. According to The Sporting News, Monday night’s 20-6 loss to the Rangers has made that decision much easier, and the Twins will now look to sell.
The blowout loss dropped the Twins to 15-16 over their past 31 games, and seven games behind the Tigers in the AL Central. At 47-55 entering Tuesday, the Twins are 14 games out of the AL wild card race.
The Twins reportedly have been asked about outfielder Michael Cuddyer (who pitched the eighth inning in Monday night’s loss), outfielder Denard Span and pitcher Kevin Slowey.
- Preliminary 'New Stars for Young Stars' lineup announced
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Big weeks for Acosta and Welch
- Gary DiSarcina named Baseball America Minor League Manager of the Year
- Red Sox non-tender Ryan Kalish, Andrew Bailey
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Jesus Loya solid at the plate in Mexico
- Help Wanted: Staff Editor, Scouts
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #48: The Slow Season
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Attention shifts to Caribbean, Jerez shining in Venezuela
- Luis Ortega traded to Brewers for reliever Burke Badenhop
- Red Sox re-sign infielder Brandon Snyder