Trade Deadline: White Sox, Blue Jays, Cardinals reportedly complete trades involving Edwin Jackson
|07.27.11 at 11:59 am ET|
The White Sox and Blue Jays have agreed to a deal that sends starting pitcher Edwin Jackson and third baseman Mark Teahen to the Blue Jays for relief pitcher Jason Frasor and starting pitcher Zach Stewart, according to a tweet from FoxSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal.
SI.com’s Jon Heyman tweets that Jackson will be flipped from the Blue Jays to the Cardinals in exchange for outfielder Colby Rasmus.
Jackson is 7-7 with a 3.92 ERA. Teahen is hitting .203 with three home runs and 11 RBIs.
Frasor is in his eighth big league season, all of which have been with the Blue Jays, and is 2-1 with a 2.98 ERA in 2011. Stewart has started three games this season for the Blue Jays and is 0-1 with an ERA of 4.86.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Cup of Coffee: Travis, Owens continue hot stretches
- Cup of Coffee: Brian Johnson leads PawSox to shutout victory
- After slow start, Cecchini heating up at the plate, settling into left field
- Cup of Coffee: Watkins earns save after catching 14 innings
- Weekly Notes: Johnson makes Major League debut
- Cup of Coffee: Big offensive performances from Pawtucket, Greenville and Portland
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas, Travis highlight tight Portland victory
- Cup of Coffee: Tejeda's big night pushes Portland past Fisher Cats
- 2015 Draft Recap: Benintendi a best-case scenario
- Podcast Ep. 81: Dropping in on the Drive, Darren Fenster interview