Trade Deadline: White Sox, Blue Jays, Cardinals reportedly complete trades involving Edwin Jackson
|07.27.11 at 11:59 am ET|
The White Sox and Blue Jays have agreed to a deal that sends starting pitcher Edwin Jackson and third baseman Mark Teahen to the Blue Jays for relief pitcher Jason Frasor and starting pitcher Zach Stewart, according to a tweet from FoxSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal.
SI.com’s Jon Heyman tweets that Jackson will be flipped from the Blue Jays to the Cardinals in exchange for outfielder Colby Rasmus.
Jackson is 7-7 with a 3.92 ERA. Teahen is hitting .203 with three home runs and 11 RBIs.
Frasor is in his eighth big league season, all of which have been with the Blue Jays, and is 2-1 with a 2.98 ERA in 2011. Stewart has started three games this season for the Blue Jays and is 0-1 with an ERA of 4.86.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- MLB Reportedly 'Looking Into' Ortiz's Comments for Tampering
- Red Sox Pay Heavy, but Necessary Price to Go for It with Pomeranz
- Moncada Primed to Make Phenom-Loaded Red Sox Even Richer
- Craig Kimbrel Injury Updates on Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Latest on Brad Ziegler to Red Sox
- Brewers Trade INF Aaron Hill to Red Sox
- Bradley, Betts, and Bogaerts Give MLB a New-Age 'Killer B's'
- Cup of Coffee: Sermo homers three times; Basabe keeps streaking
- Scouting Scratch: Luis Alexander Basabe and Michael Chavis
- Cup of Coffee: Procyshen homers, Benintendi triples in victories
- Podcast Ep. #103: Yes Devers loves me, the homers tell me so
- Weekly notes: Benintendi moves to left field
- Cup of Coffee: Dubon collects four hits, Kemp blasts two homers
- Cup of Coffee: Marrero and Devers homer, Dalbec debuts
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi debuts in left, Basabe stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Boyd spins gem, Hill stays hot
- Cup of Coffee: Mendoza leads DSL 1 in lone affiliate victory