Trade Deadline: White Sox, Blue Jays, Cardinals reportedly complete trades involving Edwin Jackson
|07.27.11 at 11:59 am ET|
The White Sox and Blue Jays have agreed to a deal that sends starting pitcher Edwin Jackson and third baseman Mark Teahen to the Blue Jays for relief pitcher Jason Frasor and starting pitcher Zach Stewart, according to a tweet from FoxSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal.
SI.com’s Jon Heyman tweets that Jackson will be flipped from the Blue Jays to the Cardinals in exchange for outfielder Colby Rasmus.
Jackson is 7-7 with a 3.92 ERA. Teahen is hitting .203 with three home runs and 11 RBIs.
Frasor is in his eighth big league season, all of which have been with the Blue Jays, and is 2-1 with a 2.98 ERA in 2011. Stewart has started three games this season for the Blue Jays and is 0-1 with an ERA of 4.86.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Shaw Becoming Star After Being Thrown in Spotlight by Sandoval Benching
- Ortiz, Red Sox Look Headed for 1 More Exciting Run
- Updates on Xander Bogaerts' Wrist and Return
- Latest Updates on Joe Kelly's Injury
- Even Price Can't Stop Red Sox Rotation Giving Bad Feeling of Deja Vu
- Sandoval's Ex-Trainer Says He Has Eating Problem
- Ortiz Closing in on Top 25 in Career Home Runs
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Nick Longhi
- Cup of Coffee: Cuevas and Maxwell lead the PawSox
- Podcast Ep. 95: One month in, start it up again
- Weekly Notes: Rodriguez, Smith begin rehab assignments
- Cup of Coffee: Rijo breaks out, rain washes Salem and Greenville
- Cup of Coffee: Haley, Lakins continue strong starts
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi continues surge, Smith rehabs
- Cup of Coffee: E-Rod rehabs, Ball debuts, Benintendi big again
- Cup of Coffee: Benintendi powers Salem past Frederick
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Michael Chavis