Source: Red Sox still in on Ubaldo Jimenez
|07.28.11 at 12:04 am ET|
The 27-year-old Jimenez is next scheduled to pitch Saturday, and carries a 6-9 record with a 4.20 ERA in 20 starts for Colorado. Making the righty an attractive option for the Red Sox as Sunday’s non-waiver trade deadline approaches is that he carries a contract that will keep him under the team’s control through 2013 for a total of just $9.95 million for the next two seasons. (He has a club option for ’14 that is voided if traded.)
A source also confirmed that the Red Sox are still in on Hiroki Kuroda, who allowed just one run over five innings Wednesday night against the Rockies, lowering his ERA to 3.14 ERA. Kuroda has a no-trade clause in his contract and is in the midst of a one-year, $12 million deal. One Red Sox player classified the Dodgers’ right-hander as the “nastiest” pitcher he faced in 2010. Kuroda is trending to become a ‘Type B’ free agent, which would allow the team he finishes ’11 with to gain a draft pick if he is offered, and declines, arbitration.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- SoxProspects Staff Announcement: Promotions and new hires!
- Hanley Ramirez: A former top prospect returns
- Ryan Lavarnway designated for assignment as Sandoval signs
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Vazquez shines in Puerto Rico
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Xander Bogaerts
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Mookie Betts
- 2014 Graduates in Review: Christian Vazquez
- SoxProspects.com Podcast #67: Reserved at the Reserve List Deadline
- Swihart, Rodriguez, Coyle and Shaw added to 40-man roster
- Red Sox to decide who to protect from Rule 5 Draft on Thursday