Source: Red Sox still in on Ubaldo Jimenez
|07.28.11 at 12:04 am ET|
The 27-year-old Jimenez is next scheduled to pitch Saturday, and carries a 6-9 record with a 4.20 ERA in 20 starts for Colorado. Making the righty an attractive option for the Red Sox as Sunday’s non-waiver trade deadline approaches is that he carries a contract that will keep him under the team’s control through 2013 for a total of just $9.95 million for the next two seasons. (He has a club option for ’14 that is voided if traded.)
A source also confirmed that the Red Sox are still in on Hiroki Kuroda, who allowed just one run over five innings Wednesday night against the Rockies, lowering his ERA to 3.14 ERA. Kuroda has a no-trade clause in his contract and is in the midst of a one-year, $12 million deal. One Red Sox player classified the Dodgers’ right-hander as the “nastiest” pitcher he faced in 2010. Kuroda is trending to become a ‘Type B’ free agent, which would allow the team he finishes ’11 with to gain a draft pick if he is offered, and declines, arbitration.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Unexpected Trades Red Sox Could Pull Off This Offseason
- Dream Free-Agent Pickups for Red Sox
- Red Sox Free Agency News and Trade Rumors
- Should Red Sox Trade Cespedes This Offseason?
- Red Sox's Most Tradeable Assets for Offseason
- Uehara Inks 2-Year Extension with Sox
- Possible Trade Partners, Packages for Cespedes
- With new delivery honed, Haley looks to build on breakout season
- Scouting Scratch: Yoan Moncada
- Owens reassigned to minors in latest roster cuts; Boggs released
- The Write-Up: More reports from Fort Myers
- Karsten Whitson close to his old self in Red Sox system
- 2015 Spring Training Reports
- With injury behind him, Longhi honing selective approach this spring
- Podcast Ep. 71: Spring Training Reports!
- Scouting Scratch: Trey Ball
- Fort Report: SoxProspects crew arrives in Fort Myers