Source: Red Sox still in on Ubaldo Jimenez
|07.28.11 at 12:04 am ET|
The 27-year-old Jimenez is next scheduled to pitch Saturday, and carries a 6-9 record with a 4.20 ERA in 20 starts for Colorado. Making the righty an attractive option for the Red Sox as Sunday’s non-waiver trade deadline approaches is that he carries a contract that will keep him under the team’s control through 2013 for a total of just $9.95 million for the next two seasons. (He has a club option for ’14 that is voided if traded.)
A source also confirmed that the Red Sox are still in on Hiroki Kuroda, who allowed just one run over five innings Wednesday night against the Rockies, lowering his ERA to 3.14 ERA. Kuroda has a no-trade clause in his contract and is in the midst of a one-year, $12 million deal. One Red Sox player classified the Dodgers’ right-hander as the “nastiest” pitcher he faced in 2010. Kuroda is trending to become a ‘Type B’ free agent, which would allow the team he finishes ’11 with to gain a draft pick if he is offered, and declines, arbitration.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Red Sox Will Not Fill GM Position After Mike Hazen's Hiring by...
- Dustin Pedroia Injury: Updates on Red Sox Star's Recovery from Knee...
- Complete Offseason Guide, Predictions for the Boston Red Sox
- John Farrell to Return as Red Sox Manager: Latest Contract Details,...
- Red Sox's Disappointing ALDS Sweep Ends Iconic David Ortiz Era on Down...
- Ramirez, Ortiz, Betts Each Record 30+ Home Runs, 100+ RBI
- Indians vs. Red Sox ALDS Game 3: Live Score and Highlights
- FallWinter League Roundup: Dominican League begins, Haley solid
- Fall/Winter League Roundup: Moncada shines in AFL
- SoxProspects Featured Video: Mauricio Dubon
- Podcast Ep. #107: Instructs 2016
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Three
- Weekly Notes: Scouting Instructs, Moncada reassigned to the minors
- 2016 SoxProspects.com All-Stars
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part Two, Jason Groome and Gerson Bautista
- Scouting Scratch: Fall Instructs Part One
- Weekly Notes: Fall Instructional League begins