Source: Red Sox still in on Ubaldo Jimenez
|07.28.11 at 12:04 am ET|
The 27-year-old Jimenez is next scheduled to pitch Saturday, and carries a 6-9 record with a 4.20 ERA in 20 starts for Colorado. Making the righty an attractive option for the Red Sox as Sunday’s non-waiver trade deadline approaches is that he carries a contract that will keep him under the team’s control through 2013 for a total of just $9.95 million for the next two seasons. (He has a club option for ’14 that is voided if traded.)
A source also confirmed that the Red Sox are still in on Hiroki Kuroda, who allowed just one run over five innings Wednesday night against the Rockies, lowering his ERA to 3.14 ERA. Kuroda has a no-trade clause in his contract and is in the midst of a one-year, $12 million deal. One Red Sox player classified the Dodgers’ right-hander as the “nastiest” pitcher he faced in 2010. Kuroda is trending to become a ‘Type B’ free agent, which would allow the team he finishes ’11 with to gain a draft pick if he is offered, and declines, arbitration.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Boston Red Sox: Final Predictions for Each Key Spring Position Battle
- Boston Red Sox: The 5 Most Disappointing Players in Spring Training So...
- David Price Likely to Start Season on DL as He Recovers from Arm Injury
- Boston Red Sox: 5 Players Who Are in Serious Danger of Being Cut or...
- David Price Reportedly Won't Need Elbow Surgery, Will Be Out 7-10 Days
- David Price's Elbow Could Make or Break Red Sox's World Series Dreams
- David Price Underwent MRI on Elbow Injury, Scratched from Spring Training...
- Fort Report: New scouting reports, Meyers motivational WBC experience
- Ockimey making adjustments after second-half swoon
- Notes from the Field: Mata, Anderson, Dalbec, Hill and more from Day Three
- Meyers' big WBC moment now his motivation in camp
- Fort Report: Staff spends the weekend at camp
- Notes from the Field: Devers, Tobias, Garcia and more from Days One and Two
- Fort Report: Owens, Johnson highlight first round of cuts
- Podcast Ep. #113: It's Hard to Develop Baseball Players
- Podcast Ep. #112: If He Dies, He Dies
- Fort Report: Benintendi to bat third in Boston?